Must be admitted to the Honors College to enroll in Honors House LLCs
The Honors House is For You If …
- You’re an admitted Honors student, no matter your major.
- You want to make friends with fun and smart students.
- You want to participate in activities that help you learn.
- You want to be an active part of the UWM community.
- You want to visit museums and attend cultural events.
- You’re ready to participate in Honors-led special presentations and workshops.
- You want to develop your academic strengths.
- You are eager to build life-long friendships with like-minded students.
- You want to be part of a caring and fun community.
To participate in Honors College activities; foster friendship and support among Honors College students, faculty, and advisors; introduce students to critical and creative thinking and writing and enable students to thrive within the Honors College
In Their Own Words
Ashley Matter, LLC Member
“Living in the Honors House LLC my freshman year allowed me to transition to college life seamlessly. From day one, I was able to meet engaged students who encouraged each other to strive for academic success, while living in a community that ended up feeling more like a family by the end of the year. I would highly recommend this first year experience to any student in the Honors College looking to enhance their experience here at UW-Milwaukee.”
Alyssa Zasada, LLC Member
“By living among others with similar academic mindsets and goals, everyone is more open to meeting their neighbors and forming new friendships. There is a great sense of respect for each other and the living environment, which makes the floor feel more like a home and less like separate rooms and suites.”
Alan Singer, Honors College Senior Lecturer
“Each year I am able to quickly spot the LLC students in my Honors classes. They form friendships and discuss the course material before coming to class. Their collaboration greatly enhances our seminars. I am continually impressed by how the students create such a vibrant social and intellectual community for themselves. I always look forward to taking part in programs with the Honors LLC students. Recently, we visited a special exhibit on pirates at the Milwaukee Public Museum, and on another occasion, we screened a music documentary. These events are always fun and they are a great way for students and faculty to connect and share ideas outside of class. The LLC provides a wonderful environment for students to get the most of their Honors experience!”