- Review Contract Guidebook for Standard Cancellation policies.
- Review your Resident Handbook for a list of all fees related to improper move-out, lock change, damage and cleaning charges.
- Submit Contract Cancellation Form and supporting documentation.
- If your Standard Cancellation is approved, you will receive an email with your applicable fees within 2 business days from University Housing staff.
- If your Standard Cancellation is unapproved, a University staff member will reach out to you within 2 business days to schedule a 15-minute virtual exit interview to verify your reason and determine your applicable fees.
- Submit any work orders for outstanding repairs that were not resolved from the room condition report you submitted online when you moved in.
- Clean your room:
- Return room to original condition.
- Remove all items from door/wall.
- Put bed in original placement.
- Rental lofts should be taken down and placed under the bed. Submit a work order to have the loft picked up.
- Remove all personal belongings from common areas.
- Minimal cleaning supplies are available for check-out through the Service Desk.
- Check your mailbox and pick up any remaining packages from mailroom.
- Provide a mail forwarding address on your MyHousing account.
- Move all personal belongings out of your room and ensure it is clean prior to checking out. Charges may apply for damage and cleaning beyond normal wear and tear. If you are in a double or triple occupancy room, ensure your vacant spaces (desk, dresser, bed) are clear for custodial to come in and clean.
- Contact bedloft.com to return your rented micro-fridge, if applicable.
- Remove bike from bike locker, if applicable.
- Check out with the Service Desk to return you assigned key(s). If you have lost your key(s), you are still required to check out with the Service Desk and inform them that you have lost your key(s). Lost key lock change charge is $75.
- Service Desk staff will work with you to complete the Express Checkout Envelope and take your key(s) upon departure.
- University Housing does have centralized move-out processes for the end of each fall and spring semester. During those scheduled times, you would be required to sign up for a move-out appointment and your space would be inspected.
- PantherCa$h can be refunded by contacting the Panther Card Office at (414) 229-2231 or Union E151.
If you believe that your Standard Cancellation fees were assessed inappropriately or disagree with the Standard Cancellation fees, you have the right to appeal. Financial Appeal forms are available in the University Housing Office.
Appeals and supporting documentation must be submitted within 120 calendar days of when you completed your Contract Cancellation Exit Interview.
If you fail to schedule an exit interview or miss your initial appointment, your appeal must be submitted within 14 days of when your Contract Cancellation Form was submitted to University Housing. Financial Appeals submitted after this deadline will not be considered.