Residence Hall communities need to be a safe and welcoming space, as well as provide opportunities for students to connect to others and resources. Within the residence halls, we want to utilize advertising so students know about what is going on, without them feeling like they are living within a giant bulletin board or constantly surrounded by signage clutter.
Due to this, University Housing has the following posting expectations for campus and community partners:
All requests to post publicity/advertisements in University Housing facilities are handled by the Outreach Coordinator, assisted by Student Outreach Assistants. UWM organizations or departments that wish to advertise in University Housing should submit any requests to the online submission form at: https://forms.office.com/r/En3hmiBHDp
Advertising will be reviewed weekly, and the Outreach team will evaluate if the material is suitable for posting, which venue is appropriate, and will post material in the proper location. It is recommended to submit the form at least 2 weeks prior to the event you are requesting advertising. For inclusion in the printed ResLife Master calendar, all submissions must be submitted by the 20th of each month to be included in the following month’s calendar (e.g. Nov. 20 for December calendar).
Community organizations and commercial entities may also request advertising by the same method, but campus partners and organizations are given priority if time and space are a concern.
University Housing offers multiple options to advertise in the residence halls listed below. All postings must be pre-approved by University Housing staff. No postings, except for options listed below, are allowed in the residence hall common areas (such as bathroom doors, in commons hallways, by water fountains, etc). In addition, chalking outside the residence halls in the Sandburg overhang/circle drive, within 20 feet of any entrance, or outside of the Cambridge, Kenilworth, and Riverview vestibule is not allowed without approval. Posting on residential floors is only approved on a very limited basis, due to the amount of RA, Housing student organizations’, and Housing events that are posted weekly. Staff will take down and recycle all unapproved advertising, and posting unapproved advertising will result in future inability to advertise in the residence halls.
- Printed flyer posting on Residence Life Master Monthly Calendar (submit via online form)
- Promoted on University Housing social media (submit via online form)
- Emailed to RAs to ensure they are aware of opportunity (submit via online form)
- Clings (email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Clings in the lobby can be utilized if space allows, and must be for both Sandburg and Cambridge
- Cafeteria table tents (email email@example.com)
- For Grind coffee sleeves, contact the Grind directly
- Piloting Fall 2021: Reservable bulletin boards for 2 weeks (email firstname.lastname@example.org with time period and information about the request if interested)
- Expectations: A UWM Office or Registered Student Organization will be able to sponsor a set of 3 Res Hall Bulletin Boards for advertising in Sandburg and Cambridge. The sponsoring office/organization must do all 3 locations. Locations include 1 board/case by the Sandburg Café, 1 board by the Sandburg Grind, and 1 board in the Cambridge Lobby. Boards are reservable for a 2-week period.
- Content creation, supplies, and decoration of the board are the responsibility of the sponsoring office/organization.
The requestor is responsible for any cost associated with clings or printed advertisements that are approved to be hung in University Housing facilities.
Questions? Contact email@example.com via email or at 414-229-3158.