Housing Leadership Opportunities
Want to get involved? You have a lot of options within University Housing. No experience is needed and most organizations are only 1-2 hours per week in the evenings! For more information on any organization below, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the org directly at the address listed.
Check out our virtual tour of the Panther Activities Lounge, which has a student staff and student leader resource area, located in Sandburg Hall!
SHAC is the governing body over all of the residence halls. It works on legislation, building improvements, and student advocacy. SHAC meetings are Mondays at 7:30pm (location rotates between Cambridge and Sandburg).
- Great if you are interested in: Student Government, Advocacy, community improvement, leadership development, meeting people from across campus
- Additional Contact Information: facebook.com/SHACatUWM/ | SHAC@uwm.edu
PAC is an event-planning group that organizes fun late-night events. Examples of events include bringing comedians, musicians, and hypnotists to campus; open mic nights; spoken word events; trips around Milwaukee; bowling nights; paint nights; grocery bingo; kindergarten throw-back events; and dance parties.
- It is really whatever YOU want to see happen!
- Open positions: Event Leads & general body members
- Great if you are interested in: Event planning, diverse interests, working behind the scenes, meeting people across campus
RRB is a “jury of peers” that hear cases when students violate community-related policies and provide education to the residence hall community. They focus on community building, conversations, and accountability.
- Open positions: All members
- Great if you are interested in: government, law, education, criminal justice, meeting people across campus
NRHH is a leadership-based honorary society comprised of exemplary residential students who value recognition and service. You must live on campus for at least one semester before being fully inducted.
- Great if you are interested in: Service projects, recognition, leadership development, honor societies, meeting people across campus
- Additional Contact Information: facebook.com/UWMNRHH/ | NRHH@uwm.edu
Each building has a community council, which is part student government and part event planning. Community councils are great ways to gain leadership experience, meet new people, host fun events, and be the voice of your residence halls.
- Great if you are interested in: Anything! Leadership development, representing your peers, meeting people in your building
- Want more information? Check out ads around your building or chat with your Residence Life Coordinator or RA.
Proud Panthers is an LGBTQIA-focused organization that students in the residence halls can join. Proud Panthers are a great way to meet other LGBTQ+ students and allies who live near you. They host social and educational events.