Live-in Staff

Some members of the University Housing staff are special — they live where they work. At least one live-in staff member is available 24-hours a day to assist residents in crisis situations. If you need to get in touch with the Residence Life Staff, contact them at 414-229-5712 or visit the Residence Life Office in Sandburg C120. In an emergency, always call the Service Desk in your building.

Resident Assistant

In the residence halls, a Resident Assistant is a student employee who lives on your house/floor and has been selected and trained to assist and support you. Your RA will help build community on your floor by organizing events, providing useful resources, and ensuring that all University Housing policies are followed. Students that live in University Housing for more than one year are eligible to become a Resident Assistant. RAs are usually hired by spring break for the following academic year. Check the Be An RA page during the first month of the fall semester for application information.

Residence Life Staff

Each building is supervised by a Residential Life professional staff member that lives on campus. The Residence Life Coordinators (RLCs) supervise the RAs in their building and serve in a 24-hour emergency response rotation to ensure safety in the residence halls and apartments. RLCs also work with residents in response to a violation of the University Housing Rules and Regulations.