Need SPRING 2022 Housing?
Apply for a University Housing Contract!
Virtual Tour of RiverView Standard Suite
Among the perks of living in RiverView are:
- South Campus Cinema (Video Game Room when not being used for movies and/or other scheduled events).
- Updated game room (table tennis, billiards, shuffleboard) and social lounge.
- Floor kitchens (two per floor).
- RiverView Express Shuttle (skips all other stops to create direct line from RiverView to Kenwood Campus, and back).
- Monthly Free Laundry Days.
- Free Loft Rental and Setup (up to one per student).
- Free Micro-Fridge Rental (up to one per bedroom).
- Priority appointment times to pick rooms for the following academic year (provided student makes a preference for RiverView in their Housing contract and subsequently moves into RiverView).
To schedule a RiverView tour, please contact the University Housing Outreach Team at (414) 229-3158 or email@example.com.
RiverView is located in one of the most desirable neighborhoods in Milwaukee. A grocery store is across the street, and movie, rock-climbing, and bowling venues, plus restaurants at every price point are within a two-mile radius – and that’s on foot. Or, students can rent a Bublr Bike or use their U-Pass to get around town with ease and affordability.
- Security monitoring, service desk, and mail room operations
- Cost includes all utilities, cable television, and high-speed internet service
- Free shuttle service to campus
- A Residence Life staff provides support while respecting residents’ independence.
2340 North Commerce Street
Milwaukee, WI 53211
- 2 Extra-long twin beds
- 2 Dressers
- 2 Desks & chairs
- 2 Small filing cabinets
- 1 Large walk-through closet
All suites include:
- Bathroom (toilet & shower)
- Vanity with two sinks
- Individual climate control with air conditioning
- Durable floor coverings
Although individual room measurements may vary, suites look like the one in the diagram below.
RiverView Suite Layout
- Air conditioning
- High-speed internet
- Cable television
- Large walk-through closets
- Vanity separate from bathroom
- Terrace overlooking Milwaukee River
- RiverView Eatery (hybrid convenience store/cafeteria open on weekdays)
- Fitness room
- Study and social lounges on each floor
Visitor parking is available on Commerce Street. See the posted signs for parking guidelines. Residents and guests should take care not to park in the private parking lots near RiverView.
Professional artwork as you’ll see in this collection is, within University Housing, exclusive to RiverView Residence Hall. The artwork was purchased with funds from the UWM Real Estate Foundation, the organization which also financed the construction of RiverView Residence Hall and Cambridge Commons Residence Hall. The art was selected by the RiverView Art Committee, formed in spring 2009 to include UWM faculty and students, University Housing staff and residents, and community members. Most of the art featured here is by artists living and working in the nearby Riverwest neighborhood, and some is by students of UWM.
The goals of the Foundation and Committee are manifold, but chiefly they are:
- to connect residents with their curriculum and goals, as well as with their artistically rich community
- Relationship & Community based
- to connect residents with each other, with community members, and with organizations and events
- to connect residents to their environment, and increase the sense of shared ownership of and appreciation for their home
The themes of the art in this collection are reflective of these goals, but are also relevant to the college experience and serve as an extension of residents’ education at UWM. Additionally, much of the work speaks to the human experience and is meant to evoke emotions and meaningful conversation.
The pieces in the lobby and cafeteria stairwell are by local artists, while the prints in each study lounge were acquired from a national source. Please show respect for the art, artists, and RiverView residents by not touching the art.
RiverView Art Committee
Tours of Cambridge Commons, RiverView, and Sandburg Traditional Towers (North, South, and West) occur on a predetermined schedule. Tours of Kenilworth Square Apartments, Purin Hall, and Sandburg East Tower, may schedule tours with at least 48 hours notice (subject to availability). To inquire about tour possibilities, contact the University Housing Student Outreach Assistants at (414) 229-3158 or firstname.lastname@example.org.