Fall 2018 University Housing Contract Waitlist
RiverView is located in one of the most desirable neighborhoods in Milwaukee. A grocery store is across the street, and movie, rock-climbing, and bowling venues, plus restaurants at every price point are within a two-mile radius – and that’s on foot. Or, students can rent a Bublr Bike or use their U-Pass to get around town with ease and affordability.
- Security monitoring, service desk, and mail room operations
- Cost includes all utilities, cable television, and high-speed internet service
- Free shuttle service to campus
- A small Residence Life staff provides support while respecting residents’ independence.
Living Learning Communities at RiverView
2340 North Commerce Street
Milwaukee, WI 53211
- Extra-long twin bed
- Desk & desk chair
- Small filing cabinet
- Large walk-through closet
All suites include:
- Bathroom (toilet & shower)
- Vanity with two sinks
- Individual climate control with air conditioning
- Durable floor coverings
Although individual room measurements may vary, suites look like the one in the diagram below.
RiverView Suite Layout
- Air conditioning
- High-speed internet
- Cable television
- Large walk-through closets
- Vanity separate from bathroom
- Terrace overlooking Milwaukee River
- Grab’N’Go Food Items at Service Desk
- Fitness room
- Study and social lounges on each floor
Visitor parking is available on Commerce Street. See the posted signs for parking guidelines. Residents and guests should take care not to park in the private parking lots near RiverView.
The goals of the Foundation and Committee are manifold, but chiefly they are
- to connect residents with their curriculum and goals, as well as with their artistically rich community
- Relationship & Community based
- to connect residents with each other, with community members, and with organizations and events
- to connect residents to their environment, and increase the sense of shared ownership of and appreciation for their home
The themes of the art in this collection are reflective of these goals, but are also relevant to the college experience and serve as an extension of residents’ education at UWM. Additionally, much of the work speaks to the human experience and is meant to evoke emotions and meaningful conversation.
The pieces in the lobby and cafeteria stairwell are by local artists, while the prints in each study lounge were acquired from a national source. Please show respect for the art, artists, and RiverView residents by not touching the art.
RiverView Art Committee
Tours of Cambridge Commons, RiverView, and Sandburg Traditional Towers (North, South, and West) occur on a predetermined schedule. Tours of Kenilworth Square Apartments, Purin Hall, and Sandburg East Tower, may schedule tours with at least 48 hours notice (subject to availability). To inquire about tour possibilities, contact the University Housing Student Outreach Assistants at (414) 229-3158 or firstname.lastname@example.org.