RiverView opened in January 2008. Built to appeal to first-year students, RiverView offers spacious suites with a view of downtown and the Milwaukee River.
Approximately 475 students live in RiverView.
2340 North Commerce Street
Milwaukee, WI 53211
- Extra-long twin bed
- Desk & desk chair
- Small filing cabinet
- Large walk-through closet
All suites include:
- Bathroom (toilet & shower)
- Vanity with two sinks
- Individual climate control with air conditioning
- Durable floor coverings
Although individual room measurements may vary, suites look like the one in the diagram below.
RiverView Double ($6,100/year)
- Air conditioning
- High-speed internet
- Cable television
- Large walk-through closets
- Vanity separate from bathroom
- Restor+More Convenience Store
- Terrace overlooking Milwaukee River
- Fitness rooms
- Study and social lounges on each floor
Visitor parking is available on Commerce Street. See the posted signs for parking guidelines. Residents and guests should take care not to park in the private parking lots near RiverView.
The goals of the Foundation and Committee are manifold, but chiefly they are
- to connect residents with their curriculum and goals, as well as with their artistically rich community
- Relationship & Community based
- to connect residents with each other, with community members, and with organizations and events
- to connect residents to their environment, and increase the sense of shared ownership of and appreciation for their home
The themes of the art in this collection are reflective of these goals, but are also relevant to the college experience and serve as an extension of residents’ education at UWM. Additionally, much of the work speaks to the human experience and is meant to evoke emotions and meaningful conversation.
The pieces in the lobby and cafeteria stairwell are by local artists, while the prints in each study lounge were acquired from a national source. Please show respect for the art, artists, and RiverView residents by not touching the art.
RiverView Art Committee
Peck School of the Arts faculty member and visual artist
Peck School of the Arts alumna, former Visual Art Living Learning Community member
Peck School of the Arts alumna, former University Housing Residential Program Manager, filmmaker, and community member
Director of University Housing
Artist, long time resident of Riverwest, and University Housing custodian
Tours of Cambridge Commons, RiverView, and Sandburg Traditional Towers (North, South, and West) occur on a predetermined schedule. Tours of Kenilworth Square Apartments, Purin Hall, and Sandburg East Tower, may schedule tours with at least 48 hours notice (subject to availability). To inquire about tour possibilities, contact the University Housing Student Outreach Assistants at (414) 229-3158 or firstname.lastname@example.org.