Paying Your Bill

Room and Dining Plan charges are called direct charges, which means they are billed and paid for in the same manner as tuition. UWM offers multiple payment options, all of which are managed by Student Financial Services.

Due Dates

Residence Hall Charges

Total Room and Board (and tuition and fees) are due the first day of classes each semester. Failure to pay your charges or to sign up for the UWM Payment Plan through PAWS by the due date may result in a late payment fee, finance charges and a hold placed on your account. This hold can also restricts future enrollment and other campus services. For more information on this, and/or any other financial services provided, please visit the Student Financial Services webpage

Kenilworth Square Apartment Charges

Kenilworth monthly charges are all posted at the start of each semester, with their respective monthly due date to your PAWS account. They are due no later than the 5th of the month. If you are a non-student living in Kenilworth you will continue to receive a monthly bill for your room charges, which you can pay at the Kenilworth service desk by the 5th of each month.

Finding Your Balance Due & Financial Aid Awards

Student Financial Services is the integrated customer service area representing the Offices of Financial Aid Administration, Student Accounts, and Student Scholarships. Their website is the central location where you can find information on costs, scholarships, billing, and financial aid.

University Housing-related and other important financial information can be found at the following links.
Your Bill, How to Make a Payment, & viewing any Balance Due
Financial Aid Information, including disbursement and how to review and accept your award
Scholarship information & the Panther Scholarship Portal

Additional Contacts

Student Financial Services, Mellencamp Hall Room 162, (414) 229-4541 (General Financial Aid and Billing Questions) (Scholarship Specific Questions)

  • Assistance with applying for FAFSA, income changes, accepting/declining aid, payments for housing and tuition, questions about the University’s installment plan, scholarships.

Housing Office, Sandburg C100, (414) 229-4065,

  • Answers questions regarding room & dining plan charges, room change process, contract related questions.