Located in Cambridge Commons Residence Hall
You must be an Architecture major to enroll in the Architecture LLC.
The Architecture LLC is For You If …
- You’re majoring in Architecture.
- You would like to engage in creative analytical and space-making activities with people from a variety of backgrounds.
- You will enjoy participating in activities that are centered on projects that analyze and create both deep and shallow space.
- You want to get a good foundation for further investigations of issues touching on sustainability, structure, and culture among others.
- To help aspiring architects learn how to compose and analyze space and understand how and why the process of space creation changed according to time and materials. The Architecture LLC offers an active approach to spatial compositions through theoretical analysis and three-dimensional applications, enhancing the architectonic background of aspiring architects from the very beginning.
Please note that the courses listed below apply only to Architecture 1; Architecture 2 has no required courses.
- Fall semester: Architecture 190: Seeing and Analyzing Space (3 credits)
- Spring semester: Architecture 190: Creating Spatial Organization (3 credits)
In Their Own Words
Kyle Bilot, Former LLC Mentor:
“The Architecture LLC gives students the unique learning opportunity to prepare for their future design studios through hands-on site visits, building analysis, as well as chances to work closely with SARUP faculty and local firms.”
Giuseppe Mazzone, LLC Faculty:
“Thanks to a careful composition of the LLC syllabi, the Architecture LLC aims to enhance the quality of the learning process. We don’t want to just teach, but engage students in an active approach to architecture, showing them how to translate their own ideas into physical shapes.”