Located in Sandburg Hall
Open to all; preference is given to the following majors in the College of Nursing, School of Public Health, or College of Health Sciences: Biomedical Sciences, Communication Sciences & Disorders, Health Care Administration, Kinesiology, Nursing, Nutritional Sciences, Occupational Studies, and Health Sciences Undecided.
Health Professions LLC is For You If…
- You’re enrolling in the College of Nursing or the College of Health Sciences.
- You’re interested in participating in service learning opportunities throughout Milwaukee.
- You want to visit health professionals in the Milwaukee area.
- You’re ready to discuss cutting-edge issues with guest speakers.
Meet, live and study with students like you who are pursuing health professions, benefiting your time at UWM and beyond.
- Nursing students – NURS 103: Freshman Seminar in Professional Nursing (1 credit)
- Health Sciences students – CHS 100: New Student Seminar in Health Professions (1 credit)
In Their Own Words
Dayken Nash, LLC Member:
“I joined the LLC because I thought it would be a good way to get involved with the Health Sciences program. It’s great living around people taking the same classes as I am and having a similar major as mine. It’s really helpful to always have people around to help, especially first semester when you don’t know anyone. It was really nice having everyone in the LLC be in that class, because we always knew we could find help on our floor. We planned some things to do together, like volunteering and game nights and such, so it’s been a good experience.“
Wade Snowden, Health Professions LLC RA:
“I love being the Health Professions LLC RA because my residents build a stronger sense of community, and we all get to explore our future careers together.”
Kate Brondino – Health Sciences
Robin Jens – Nursing