Located in Sandburg Hall
Students with the following majors are eligible to enroll in the Health Professions LLC: Biomedical Sciences, Communication Sciences & Disorders, Health Care Administration, Kinesiology, Nursing, Nutritional Sciences, Occupational Studies, Health Sciences Undecided.
Great Choice For You If…
- You’re enrolling in the College of Nursing or the College of Health Sciences.
Meet, live and study with students like you who are pursuing health professions, benefiting your time at UWM and beyond.
- Participating in service learning opportunities.
- Visiting practitioners in the Milwaukee area.
- Discussing cutting-edge issues with guest speakers.
- Nursing students – NURS 103: Freshman Seminar in Professional Nursing (1 credit)
- Health Sciences students – CHS 100: New Student Seminar in Health Professions (1 credit)
In Their Own Words
Dayken Nash, LLC Member:
“I joined the LLC because I thought it would be a good way to get involved with the Health Sciences program. It’s great living around people taking the same classes as I am and having a similar major as mine. It’s really helpful to always have people around to help, especially first semester when you don’t know anyone. It was really nice having everyone in the LLC be in that class, because we always knew we could find help on our floor. We planned some things to do together, like volunteering and game nights and such, so it’s been a good experience.“
Wade Snowden, Health Professions LLC RA:
“I love being the Health Professions LLC RA because my residents build a stronger sense of community, and we all get to explore our future careers together.”
Kate Brondino – Health Sciences
Robin Jens – Nursing
Ebony Cobb – Nursing