The Film, Video, Animation, and New Genres LLC is for You If…
- You’re considering a major in Film to pursue a BFA in Film or a BA in Animation.
- You enjoy making short movies or animations on your own or with friends.
- You’re interested in filmmaking.
- You love to watch movies.
- You would like to plan, shoot, and edit a digital film.
- You want to take field trips to local film festivals, events, productions studios, and screenings.
- You’re ready to learn the magic of film production and theory through discussion of the creative process with visiting filmmakers and directors.
- You’re interested in competing in a 24-hour film contest with other Film LLC members.
- To form a community of students who want to live, learn and discover the process of filmmaking together.
- To provide a thorough introduction to motion picture image-making and editing principles in a collaborative environment.
- To engage with the work of a variety of filmmakers and videographers through screenings, group discussions, and group projects, in order to build a link between critique and creative practice.
Film 180 – Foundation Production: Fiction (6 credits)
Film 181 – Foundation Production: Nonfiction (6 credits)
LLCs may be housed in a different University Housing Facility from year to year. Find out where this LLC is currently located, or will be located during the upcoming Academic Year, by visiting the Living Learning Communities page and clicking on the Community Choices section.
In Their Own Words
Alexandra Torinus, LLC Instructor:
“I’m always amazed when my students turn on a projector for the first time. Their investigation of the world is suddenly lit up on the screen, and they are seeing the smallest thing, a pinecone, a wave, or a spoon becoming magnificent as they realize the power of what they have seen with their own eyes. These are the moments that thrill me.”
Thomas Hays, LLC Student:
“It was fun to finally be in a space where I could work with other creative people who brought their own vision, talent, and ideas to the table.”
Teaching Faculty – Film, Video, Animation and New Genres
Peck School of the Arts