Though Honors housing is not required for Honors College students, those who choose the option have the opportunity to live in the Honors House Living and Learning Community (LLC), housed in Sandburg Residence Hall. Honors housing is an option for students who are excited about learning, who love meeting new people, and who know they can learn as much from each other as from their professors.
The LLC provides students with a “community within a community”, grouping together students with similar interests. In the case of Honors LLC, they are designed to meet the needs of high achieving students from all majors across campus.
The Honors House is For You If …
- You’re an admitted Honors student, no matter your major.
- You want to make friends with fun and smart students.
- You want to participate in activities that help you learn.
- You want to be an active part of the UWM community.
- You want to visit museums and attend cultural events.
- You’re ready to participate in Honors-led special presentations and workshops.
- You want to develop your academic strengths.
- You are eager to build life-long friendships with like-minded students.
- You want to be part of a caring and fun community.