Honors College Scholarships
The Honors College is pleased to award over $100,000 in scholarship money annually to its outstanding students.
Current Available Scholarships Include:
- Robert W. Baird Scholarship
- Lawrence Baldassaro Scholarship
- Honors College Florian J. & M. Barbara Dominiak Scholarship
- Hawkins Honors Scholarship
- KleinOsowski Scholarship
- Fred Miller-Milwaukee Braves Scholarship
- Provost’s Honors College Merit Scholarship
- Judith G. Scott ’81 Honors Scholarship
- Tabak Law Excellence Scholarship
- The Ziegler Family Scholarship
- Edward and Diane Zore Scholarship
- Honors College Study Abroad Scholarship (Students can apply during fall or spring semester)
Additional Scholarship Opportunities
The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee offers additional scholarship opportunities for students, and information regarding these scholarships can be found on the official UWM Scholarship page.
Scholarship Application Tips
- Attend an annual scholarship workshop (see below)
- Start your applications early
- Request letters of recommendation well in advance of the deadline
- Use your Honors College Writing Guidelines to craft your essays
- Carefully proof your work
- Apply every year!
Some of UWM’s most attractive scholarships, including our own Honors College scholarships, have spring application deadlines. Whether you’re just thinking about applying, or already drafting your essays, you should attend Honors College Senior Lecturer Alan Singer’s scholarship workshop for an informal discussion of such questions as:
- How to ask, and receive, a strong letter of recommendation
- How to maximize the positive impact of a scholarship essay/personal statement
- How to make a scholarship application stand out among the rest
This workshop is highly recommended for students who plan to apply for any Honors College scholarships!
Tuition and Financial Aid
Students are able to receive the benefits of the Honors College without paying any additional tuition or fees.
All UWM students are encouraged to apply for Financial Aid each year. Priority is given to students who complete their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by March 1 each year, but students are recommended to apply as close to January 1 as possible.
For additional scholarship and financial aid information, please visit: uwm.edu/financialaid