I’m transferring to UWM. Do I have to live in the residence halls?

The policy only applies to first-time students who are freshmen. Ensuring that the Department of Enrollment Services (http://uwm.edu/des/) has your transfer information and supporting documents will ensure that you are not subject to the residency policy.

For our incoming transfer students, we find that many enjoy living in the Transfer Community, Sandburg East Tower, or Kenilworth Square Apartments.