I live at Kenilworth and I need a rent certificate filled out for tax purposes.

University Housing will not complete the Wisconsin Department of Revenue Rent Certificate for purposes of the “homestead” tax credit. If UWM filled out the certificate, it would have to respond that it is not subject to property taxes (line 2(a)), and it is not a municipal housing authority that makes payments in lieu of taxes (2(b)). UWM believes this disqualifies our residents from claiming the tax credit, and, as a result, University Housing staff will not complete the forms.  If you need more information, please work with your tax accountant.