Kenilworth contracts end at 12 PM on May 31, 2023.
Cambridge Commons, Purin, RiverView, and Sandburg Halls will close at 12 PM on May 20, 2023. Please see Move-Out for specific Residence Hall details.
Residents must sign up at the Service Desk for a check-out time by May 1, 2023. All residents will receive an email with a reminder by mid-April.
Quiet Hours: 24-hour quiet hours will be in effect starting May 12th at 10:00pm. In addition, all policies related to behavior expectations and guest visits will still be in place (unless during active Move-Out times). Individuals who violate rules and regulations will still go through the behavior process.
Follow these four steps to have a “proper” check-out:
- Sign up for a check-out time with your University Housing Staff Member at the building Service Desk.
- Clean your room and suite/apartment (follow the checklist below).
- Complete your forwarding address information on myHousing, empty your mailbox and pick up your packages.
- Show up on time for your check-out appointment with a University Housing Staff member.
Failure to do any of the following may result in an improper checkout charge of $75.00:
- Sign up for a checkout appointment
- Show up on-time for checkout appointment
- Check out with a University Housing Staff Member
Your room must be in the condition it was when you checked in. To avoid possible damage or cleaning charges, make sure the following are taken care of:
- All of your belongings are out of the room (double check dressers, desk, closet, drawers, bathroom, and behind and under furniture).
- Desks, dressers and shelves are dusted and disinfected.
- Room and apartment common areas have been vacuumed and/or swept.
- Everything has been removed from the walls, doors, and windows, and sticker residue has been removed.
- Housing-provided (loaned) equipment such as bed shakers, doorbells, etc. should be consolidated and left on your mattress.
- All trash cans in the common areas and bedrooms have been emptied and washed out.
- Shower and shower curtain have been scrubbed clean.
- Bathroom sink and vanity have been cleaned and disinfected.
- Bathroom floor has been swept and mopped.
- Toilet has been cleaned and disinfected.
- Refrigerators and freezers have been emptied and cleaned out.
- Microwaves and microwave plates are clean (where present).
- Stove top has been wiped clean (where present – DO NOT use SELF-CLEAN option on oven).
- All parking must be paid for. Use the ParkMobile app or pay stations for the Kenilworth garage or find street parking.
- Overnight/Guest permits will not be sold during move-out days.
- Designated “Loading Zones” will be available and marked during move-out days. These spaces are for loading vehicles only.
- Trailers of any kind are not allowed in any parking structure.
Donate any unwanted food, clothing, household items, or furniture to the donation bins located in the lobby of each building. (Note: Donations benefit Goodwill and other local non-profits; some donations may be utilized by University Housing to outfit tour spaces in each building.)
Thank you for a great year!
We hope you have a wonderful summer.