Experience Architecture is our most comprehensive architecture event for high school students and parents. The program includes time with faculty, staff and Milwaukee architecture professionals. Join us for a hands-on all-day architecture and UW-Milwaukee visit.
Meet with an academic advisor and tour our building with a current student. Tours can be combined with a general campus tour through the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. Register at Register at http://www.visit.uwm.edu or call 414-229-2222 and select the Architecture option at either 9AM or Noon.
Questions about which program is right for you?
Please call 414-229-4015.
NAF Future Ready Scholars at UW-Milwaukee
UWM Architecture and Engineering Design/Build Summer Camp for Teens
Do you like to build things? Are you always dreaming up designs? Do you like to work with your hands? Do you have creative ideas? Do you want to help people in your community?
Join other students from across Milwaukee as part of the UWM Design/Build Summer camp for either a one-week Engineering camp or a four-week Architecture camp. Both camps start June 6th. All students will spend the first week on campus in the UWM dorms. All expenses are paid by our program partners.
Through this program, you will:
- Design and build a project with local impact on the community
- Build things with your hands in the UWM fabrication and woodshop facilities
- Meet architects, engineers, and construction trades partners who make buildings in Milwaukee
- Make new friends and experience the fun of campus life
- Discover why architecture and engineering are great careers
- Near peer learning – you get to work alongside college students
- Make an impact
Two tracts are available:
- Engineering (1-week overnight camp from June 6 – June 10)
- Architecture (4 week camp – 1 week overnight camp from June 6 – June 10 plus 3 week day camp June 13 – July 1, 9-4PM)
In addition to building with their hands, students will participate in college and career readiness sessions that will put them on a path toward post-secondary success, through ACT/SAT prep, career panels, and job training opportunities. All rising juniors and seniors are eligible to apply! A stipend will be offered to the student upon successful completion of the program.
Application coming soon.
Limited to 30 students (20 architecture students and 10 engineering students)