Priority Application Deadline
Applications will be evaluated on an ongoing basis for the fall and spring semesters. For consideration of financial assistance and priority registration, it is recommended that you submit your application by the following dates:
January 15 (fall admission), October 1 (spring admission)
Cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 (4.0 scale).
Bachelor’s degree in architecture, landscape architecture, design-focused urban planning, interior design, or other disciplines approved by the MUD faculty. Applicants are required to have a background in design studios from any of these disciplines.
International students are required to submit test results from the TOEFL or IELTS (minimum score requirements: TOEFL: 100(iBT); IELTS: 7.0).
Institution Code: 1473
ATTENTION: The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) requirement is waived for Spring 2021, Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 applicants.
Letters of Recommendation
Three letters of recommendation from people familiar with your academic and/or professional work. Letters should be from non-related individuals who know you through previous academic programs or relevant professional activity.
All applicants are required to submit a digital portfolio in PDF format. The portfolio should show evidence of interest in design, and it should be carefully conceived, well designed, neatly prepared, and easily readable. Design your portfolio for digital review rather than submitting an electronic version of your printed portfolio.
For successful submission, the portfolio
- Must be no larger than 15 MB. Any portfolio over 15 MB will not be accepted.
- Must be a pdf file. We do not accept any other file types.
- Format your portfolio for view on a computer screen, as it will be reviewed digitally (it will not be printed).
- Do not include photos of yourself, your CV/resume or your Social Security Number in the electronic portfolio.
- Include a cover page with your first and last name.
- If you include work that is completed as part of a firm or as a group project, indicate your role in the project.
Apply and upload required materials at https://graduateschool-apply.uwm.edu/