1969 was a remarkable year for American art, culture and technology.
Woodstock rocked. PBS took to the airwaves. Armstrong & Aldrin walked the moon. The School of Architecture & Urban Planning took root at a young public university in Milwaukee.
Join the School of Architecture & Urban Planning at UW-Milwaukee as we celebrate a landmark anniversary. Our architecture program turns 50; Urban Planning turns 45. This yearlong celebration kicks off this September and concludes with a gala weekend, April 16-18, 2020.
You helped build the School of Architecture & Urban Planning into an institution that is innovating and reshaping southeastern Wisconsin. Please help us celebrate this legacy as we look toward SARUP’s next 50 years.
- Friday, Sept. 6: Tea and Bikkies. SARUP Commons
- Saturday, Sept. 21: Urban Planning Alumni bike tour and Brewer’s tailgate
- Friday, Sept. 27: SARUP 50th Anniversary Kick-Off
The Career Path Less Traveled
- October 18, 2019: Between Pedagogy + Practice
This event is open to the public.
Register at: http://attend.com/BetweenPedagogyAndPractice
- October 18, 2019: 50th Anniversary Alumni Exhibit
- Tuesday, Oct. 22: Charles Causier Memorial Lecture: Racial Equity and Economic Justice in Urban Planning Practice and Community Building.
Lecture by john a. powell, professor and director of the Haas Institute for a Fair and Inclusive Society at the University of California, Berkeley.
RSVP at http://attend.com/SARUPCausierlecture2019
- Wednesday November 20, 2019: GIS Day at UWM
Join us for a celebration of the Department of Urban Planning’s 45th year! https://uwm.edu/gis-council/gisday/
Brew House Suites
Kimpton Journeyman Hotel
The Iron Horse Hotel
Manderly Bed and Breakfast
Air BnB Boathouse
Frank Lloyd Wright Systems Built Home
Cream City Hostel
The Plaza Hotel Milwaukee
Please note that these are merely suggestions of fun places we have come across, and we have no experience or affiliation with these businesses.
- Thursday, April 16: Lecture hosted by PhD students.
- Friday, April 17: Afternoon tea and Bikkies
- Friday, April 17: Evening Lecture by Jose Ibarra (2019 Urban Edge Fellow) and Michael Jefferson (Innovation in Design Fellow)
- Friday, April 17: Post-Lecture Gallery exhibition and reception.
- Saturday April 18: Mid-Morning Brunch with Pecha Kucha: SARUP in the City
- Saturday April 18: Afternoon Faculty led Tours
- Saturday April 18: Mid-Afternoon UP/Leenhouts/Student organization reunions
- Saturday April 18: Evening Grand Celebration Dinner!
Thank you to our sponsors: Aro Eberle, CG Schmidt, Design Fugitives, Iconica, John and Norene Thiel, Third Coast Design Centre, Inc. Contact Mary Frieske email@example.com for additional sponsorship opportunities.