1969 was a remarkable year for American art, culture and technology.
Woodstock rocked. PBS took to the airwaves. Armstrong & Aldrin walked the moon. The School of Architecture & Urban Planning took root at a young public university in Milwaukee.
Join the School of Architecture & Urban Planning at UW-Milwaukee as we celebrate a landmark anniversary. Our architecture program turns 50; Urban Planning turns 45. This yearlong celebration kicks off this September and concludes with a gala weekend, April 16-18, 2020.
You helped build the School of Architecture & Urban Planning into an institution that is innovating and reshaping southeastern Wisconsin. Please help us celebrate this legacy as we look toward SARUP’s next 50 years.
- Friday, Sept. 6: Tea and Bikkies. SARUP Commons
- Saturday, Sept. 21: Urban Planning Alumni bike tour and Brewer’s tailgate
- Friday, Sept. 27: SARUP 50th Anniversary Kick-Off
The Career Path Less Traveled
RSVP deadline: September 21 Register early! Seating is limited! http://attend.com/SARUP50thKickoff
- Tuesday, Oct. 22: Charles Causier Memorial Lecture: Racial Equity and Economic Justice in Urban Planning Practice and Community Building.
Lecture by john a. powell, professor and director of the Haas Institute for a Fair and Inclusive Society at the University of California, Berkeley.
RSVP at http://attend.com/SARUPCausierlecture2019
- Friday, April 17-Saturday, April 18, 2020: Anniversary weekend
Saturday, April 18, 2020: Anniversary dinner, SARUP
Check this site often! We’re regularly adding more anniversary events.
NOTE: We’re working on a special project for SARUP’s 50th. Send us your e-business card or a photo of your card to Sharadha Natraj, firstname.lastname@example.org.