Is a car necessary on campus?

Every UWM student receives a Milwaukee County Bus U-Pass, which for most is sufficient for their around town needs. Most students who live in University Housing use our UWM shuttle system, walk or ride a bike. Parking on campus is limited and expensive, so most students who have cars are those who have off-campus jobs, an internship or teaching semester, or some other personal need not served by the bus. Visit the Transportation Services website at for more information about parking and how to get around town.