Priority Application Deadline
January 15 (fall admission only)
Applications will be accepted after this date but may miss opportunities for financial assistance.
Cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 (4.0 scale). Bachelor’s degree in any discipline.
Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
General Test (preferred scores in top 50%-ile)In addition to the GRE, international students are required to submit test results from the TOEFL or IELTS (minimum score requirements: TOEFL: 100(iBT); IELTS: 7.0).
Institution Code: 1473
Resume, Curriculum Vitae, or Biographical Statement
1-2 pages, total including your educational background, work/research experience, publications/projects completed and any recognitions/awards received.
Letters of Recommendation
Three letters of recommendation from people familiar with your academic and/or professional work.
All applicants are required to submit an electronic portfolio. This can include examples of professional work, design work, research, teaching, and/or other work relevant to advanced research. The portfolio should be carefully conceived, well designed, neatly prepared, and easily readable digitally. Please design your portfolio for digital review rather than submitting an electronic version of your printed portfolio.
For successful submission, the portfolio
- Must be no more than 10 MB. Any portfolio over 10 MB will not be accepted.
- Must be a pdf file. We do not accept any other file types.
- The portfolios will be reviewed digitally (it will not be printed); format your portfolio for view on a computer screen, and use a horizontal format in your design.
- Do not include photos of yourself, your CV/resume or your Social Security Number in the electronic portfolio.
- Include a cover page with your first and last name, and the program you are applying to (e.g., John Smith, M.S.Arch).
Apply and upload required materials at https://graduateschool-apply.uwm.edu