Faculty and staff may purchase the CVP after the 15th day of the month preceding the month intended for activation through the second business day of the month intended for activation. The option to purchase the CVP will be deactivated online after the second business day of the start of the month.
How to Purchase a Commuter Value Pass
- Go to Transportation Services portal (uwm.edu/transportation/portallogin).
- Click on “Affiliated Login” which is in the center of the page
- Click on “Get Permits & Bus Passes” which will be located in the permits section
- Click on “Purchase CVP” in the Bus Passes section
- Click on “Next >>”
- Fill the required fields
- Click on the desired permit (should say “CVP” in the title) under the Bus Passes section
- Click on box to agree with”Transportation Rules & Regulations”
- Click on “Next >>”
- Select your payment method (payroll deduction is the second option)
- Enter the email as needed
- Click on “Complete Transaction”
- Click on the box to agree
- Click on “Pay Now”
*NOTE: Purchases of the CVP on the second business day of the month intended for use and waiting for a CVP card to be issued will cause a delay in the activation of your CVP. Transportation Services requires a photo to be sent to MCTS for the CVP card to be issued, which will be the cause for the delay. We appreciate your understanding and thank you for your patience.
Milwaukee County Transit System is now offering an Emergency Ride Program through LYFT.
Commuter Value Program customers are automatically eligible to participate in the Emergency Ride Program. MCTS recognizes that a major obstacle in using transit services is the riders’ fear of being “stranded” in case of personal or family emergency. As a result, this program was created to provide alternate transportation for Commuter Value Program participants if an emergency arises and normal bus service is not readily available.
Please review the following to better acquaint yourself with the conditions and responsibilities of this great program benefit.
MCTS Emergency Ride Program Conditions:
- Rides are available only through LYFT Concierge MCTS company profile.
- Trips must be completed between 8:00am and 4:30pm.
- Rides are provided within the MCTS service area only and are limited to two trips per quarter and four every twelve months.
- Trip destinations may include the employee’s home, transit point of origin, or a medical care facility.
- MCTS will pay a maximum of $50.00 for any user in the program. All costs incurred after the $50.00 maximum are the responsibility of the participant.
- Regardless of the destination, it is the employee’s responsibility to arrange for additional transportation after the trip has been completed.
- An employee will forfeit their eligibility to use the program if they do not complete their trip after it has been arranged.
Rides may be requested using the form below, and a representative from Transportation Services will make contact to confirm.
Emergency RideCommuter Value Pass customers may use this form to schedule an emergency ride through MCTS/Lyft.
Some employees with the Commuter Value Pass (employee bus pass) have been experiencing issues on Milwaukee County Transit System buses. Specifically, they encounter an error where the farebox says there are $0 remaining on the card. Usually, it is just a temporary issue with the farebox, where it misreads the card or accidentally reads it twice. In such cases, if you show your CVP to the driver, you should be able to ride. You can also try it again after 5 minutes to verify if this is the problem. If the bus driver is giving you a hard time, call the customer service number on the back of the card because they have a list of all active cards. Under no circumstance should you have to pay out of pocket for a ride with MCTS while your CVP is active. If the issue persists, please contact Transportation Services via firstname.lastname@example.org.