It is recommended to read each section below. If a quick reference is needed, please consult the following list:Who can use Prowl Line?
- Have your PantherCard ready
- Show up early to bus stop, by at least 30 minutes
- Confirm the bus stop needed to return to your original destination, before getting off the bus – feel free to ask the driver
- Download Passio GO app so you get real-time information from your mobile device
The Prowl Line is open to students, faculty, and staff. Residents of University Housing, especially Cambridge Commons, RiverView Residence Hall, and Kenilworth Square Apartments, will find the Prowl Line provides a quick and easy method of transportation to get to the main UWM Kenwood Campus by simply displaying a PantherCard. Guests of University Housing residents may use the service too. Guests will need to be accompanied by a student who has a PantherCard, and the guest will need to display some form of a photo identification too. UWM students, faculty, and staff are permitted only three (3) guests maximum to ensure adequate space for other UWM students, faculty, and staff.How often do the buses run?
Buses operate at about 10 minute intervals and have two on-campus stops for drop offs and two different stops for pick ups. This means that the Prowl Line is a split route, because where you get off on campus is not where you get on to return to your original destination. While the bus heads from the the Residence Halls on North Ave to the UWM Kenwood Campus, it will drop off at the Union (on Maryland) and Sandburg prior to heading to the Capitol and Humboldt (UPARK) Surface Lot. When heading from the UWM Kenwood Campus to Cambridge, RiverView, and Kenilworth it will pick up at Cunningham and the Library before heading to the North Ave Residence Halls. A map is available below, uwm.edu/transportation/prowllinehousingresident/#map. After the Capitol and Humboldt (UPARK) Surface Lot no longer receives service, Monday through Thursday at 9:00 PM, Friday at 6:00 PM, and all hours of operation on weekends, the Prowl Line will adjust the route slightly. It will no longer provide service to Cunningham or the Library stops, but will run directly North and South on Maryland Ave. from the UWM Kenwood Campus to the North Ave Residence Halls. During the Non-Peak Route, aka Residence Hall Route, the Prowl Line will have an additional pick up stop at the Kenwood Interdisciplinary Research Complex (KIRC). The KIRC pick up location is the MCTS bus stop on at the North West corner of the intersection of Kenwood Blvd and Maryland Ave, which is across the street from the Union bus stop During the Non-Peak Route, aka Residence Hall Route, the Prowl Line will pick up approximately every 10 to 15 minutes.When is Prowl Line available?
Shuttle bus service is available daily Monday through Friday during regular class and final exam days of the Fall and Spring semesters. Shuttles also run during Winterim and the summer on different schedules. Please note they do not service UPARK during Winterim or summer. Buses are scheduled to begin operation at about 5:30 AM at the Capitol and Humboldt (UPARK) Surface Lot and continue operating until 9:00 PM during the Fall and Spring semesters Monday through Thursday. On Friday’s the Prowl Line will stop servicing the Capitol and Humboldt UPARK at 6:00 PMIf I need help...?
The Prowl Line driver is knowledgeable regarding the service and may assist in locating resources on campus as well. The driver may be able to answer other questions such as where certain buildings are located or where good places to grab a bite to eat.Helpful Tips
- Have PantherCard ready
- Arrive at your bus stop 30 minutes in advance
- There are two (2) buses part of the service, yellow school buses and white mini coaches
- The white mini coaches provide wheelchair assistance
- It is a split route when the UPARK is serviced; Monday through Thursday until 9:00 PM and Friday until 6:00 PM
- If you get off at Union or Sandburg, you will need to get on at Cunningham or the Library to go back to the North Ave Residence Halls; Cambridge Commons, Riverview Residence Hall, and Kenilworth Square Apartments.
- Caution: If you stay on the Prowl Line after Sandburg, the bus will be going to the UPARK
The Housing Route will loop continuously in this order:
- Cambridge Commons
- Return to Kenilworth
Rules While Riding the Bus
To ensure a comfortable, clean, and safe ride for all riders on the Prowl Line, there are a few rules while riding.
- Food must be kept in containers so spills are minimized
- Containers for drinking must be closable so spills are minized
- No ID, No Ride
- PantherCards are required for all riders so scanning of the PantherCard may occur
- Guests of riders are requered to present some form of photo identification
- Drivers reserve the right to request a passenger to exit the bus after a warning has been issued (egregious behavior may not be issued a warning)
- Radios must have headphones
- Keep phone or face to face conversations quiet in consideration of other riders