It is recommended to read each section below. If a quick reference is needed, please consult the following list:Who can use Prowl Line?
- Have your PantherCard ready
- Show up early to shuttle stop, by at least 30 minutes
- Confirm the shuttle stop needed to return to your original destination, before getting off the shuttle – feel free to ask the driver
- Download Passio GO app so you get real-time information from your mobile device
The Prowl Line is open to students, faculty, and staff. Residents of University Housing, especially Cambridge Commons, RiverView Residence Hall, and Kenilworth Square Apartments, will find the Prowl Line provides a quick and easy method of transportation to get to the main UWM Kenwood Campus by simply displaying a PantherCard. Guests of University Housing residents may use the service too. Guests will need to be accompanied by a student who has a PantherCard, and the guest will need to display some form of a photo identification too. UWM students, faculty, and staff are permitted only three (3) guests maximum to ensure adequate space for other UWM students, faculty, and staff.How often do the shuttles run?
Shuttles operate at about 10 minute intervals and increase the frequency during the peak hours of 8 am – 1 pm.When is Prowl Line available?
Shuttle service is available daily Monday through Friday during regular class and final exam days of the Fall and Spring semesters. Shuttles also run during Winterim and the summer on different schedules. Please note they do not service UPARK during Winterim or summer. Shuttles are scheduled to begin operation at about 5:30 AM at the Capitol and Humboldt (UPARK) Surface Lot and continue operating until 9:00 PM during the Fall and Spring semesters Monday through Thursday. On Friday’s the Prowl Line will stop servicing the Capitol and Humboldt UPARK at 6:00 PMIf I need help...?
The Prowl Line driver is knowledgeable regarding the service and may assist in locating resources on campus as well. The driver may be able to answer other questions such as where certain buildings are located or where good places to grab a bite to eat.Helpful Tips
- Have PantherCard ready
- Arrive at your shuttle stop 30 minutes in advance
- There are two (2) shuttles part of the service, yellow school shuttles and white mini coaches
- The white mini coaches provide wheelchair assistance
- It is a split route when the UPARK is serviced; Monday through Thursday until 9:00 PM and Friday until 6:00 PM
- If you get off at Union or Sandburg, you will need to get on at Cunningham or the Library to go back to the North Ave Residence Halls; Cambridge Commons, Riverview Residence Hall, and Kenilworth Square Apartments.
- Caution: If you stay on the Prowl Line after Sandburg, the shuttle will be going to the UPARK
The Housing Route will loop continuously in this order:
- Cambridge Commons
- Return to Kenilworth
Rules While Riding the Bus
To ensure a comfortable, clean, and safe ride for all riders on the Prowl Line, there are a few rules while riding.
- Food must be kept in containers so spills are minimized
- Containers for drinking must be closable so spills are minized
- No ID, No Ride
- PantherCards are required for all riders so scanning of the PantherCard may occur
- Guests of riders are requered to present some form of photo identification
- Drivers reserve the right to request a passenger to exit the shuttle after a warning has been issued (egregious behavior may not be issued a warning)
- Radios must have headphones
- Keep phone or face to face conversations quiet in consideration of other riders