Parking is available for residents (and other members of the community, where space permits) in heated garages in Cambridge Commons and Kenilworth Square Apartments (vertical clearance varies in each parking area from 6’2” to 6’8”). Parking is also available for residents (and other members of the community) in the Sandburg Residence Hall garage, which is covered but is not temperature controlled. If you will be a University Housing Resident, you cannot request a permit until your room assignment has been made.
Both the Kenilworth semester and monthly permit are valid for the second—floor private garage, and not the lower open air public garage. Parking charges are due at the time of purchase. The charges will be prorated for the start of the term of your permit.
Cambridge, Kenilworth, and Sandburg semester permits will be prorated for the end of the permit term, if canceled before November 23 (Fall 2020) or April 11 (Fall 2021) minus a $10.00 fee. The Kenilworth monthly permit will NOT be prorated for the end of the permit term if canceled during the active period of the permit. A monthly permit may be returned prior to the start of the active period of the permit, minus a $10.00 fee.
Permits are valid for one vehicle and one space only at a time. Permits can be virtually attached up to four vehicles, but only one vehicle may use a space at any time. Any additional vehicles occupying a space outside of the first vehicle may be ticketed or towed at the owner’s expense.
Please visit this page to purchase your Residence Hall parking permit.
Allow approximately 48 business hours to receive confirmation for Residence Hall Parking Request from the Transportation Services office.
Motorcycle spaces are available in Cambridge Commons and Sandburg Residence Hall. Greater detail on motorcycle permits is available at the Motorcycle and Moped page. A motorcycle permit costs $70.00, for an annual permit. The permit is valid starting September 1 through August 31, and is prorated from the start date of purchase. Motorcycle permit holders must notify the Transportation Services office if they wish to park in Cambridge, as only University Housing residents may park in the reserved garages. Be aware there are a very limited number of spaces in Cambridge. There are no motorcycle spaces in the second-floor heated garage of Kenilworth.
You are required to return the parking permit, keyless FOB or garage clicker if you parked in Cambridge, were a non-UWM parker at Kenilworth or parked in Purin. Failure to return the permit may result in a $25.00 replacement fee.
When returning a Housing permit, it falls under the Transportation Services Regulation 15, uwm.edu/transportation/regulations.
“…Monthly permit cancellations must be made in writing. Any monthly permit canceled prior to the start of the month the permit will be active, will be refunded after a processing fee. Monthly permits will not be refunded after the start of the month the permit will active. Any semester permit canceled by the last day to drop or withdraw from full—term courses, may receive a prorated return minus a processing fee. Semester permits canceled after the last day to drop or withdraw from full-term courses will not receive a refund. The last day to drop or withdraw from full—term courses may be found on the UWM Registrar’s calendar.”
All permit returns are processed by either coming to the Transportation Services office or contacting us by telephone. Permit returns cannot be processed online or by email.
During Cambridge Commons Move-In (see Housing for dates), the following restrictions will be in effect.
- All permit holders will be required to have their vehicle removed from the garage without exception. Vehicles still in the garage may be ticketed or towed at the owner’s expense.
- No vehicles may park in the garage until the close of the Move-In process.
Alternative parking options during this restricted time frame may include:
- 1. Parking at the Northwest Quadrant (NWQ) garage is $1 per hour with a max rate of $8 per calendar day. If you exit the garage you will need to pull a new ticket and pay the additional charges. The Prowl Line (Campus Shuttle) can provide transportation between campus and Cambridge Commons. uwm.edu/transportation/prowlline
- Parking may be purchased for $8.00 per calendar day at Kenilworth Square Apartments lower level public garage. (This is discounted to $6.40 a day for Fall 2020.) The Prowl Line (Campus Shuttle) can provide transportation back to Cambridge Commons. uwm.edu/transportation/prowlline
- Purchasing the calendar day Kenilworth permit may be done online at uwm.edu/transportation/getpermits. At the Northwest Quadrant (NWQ) garage you must pull a ticket and pay regular rates.
Transportation Services thanks you for your cooperation. If you have any questions, please contact Transportation Services at email@example.com.
Also, all permit holders will receive their hang tag to gain entry into the garage during their move-in process.