UWM can nominate up to five faculty/instructional academic staff members plus alternates for Faculty College 2020, the UW System’s premier instructor development event to be held at the Osthoff Resort in Elkhart Lake, WI from May 26-29, 2020. Approximately 100 instructors from across the UW System will convene for four days of intensive exploration of teaching, learning, and curricular issues. This year’s theme is Equity-Minded Pedagogy – which supports UW System’s initiative on high-impact practices and student success.
Cost: UW System’s OPID will pay for all speaker fees, meals and snacks, and lodging at the Osthoff Resort for all participants. Participants will be assigned a double suite with two private bedrooms and two private bathrooms, a sitting area and full kitchen.
CETL will reimburse you for the cost of travel to and from the Elkhart Lake.
Application Process: If you are interested in participating, please send Mike Cosgrove (email@example.com) a brief statement (1 page or less) explaining why you would like to be one of UWM’s nominees. The deadline for receipt of this brief statement is November 11, 2019
UWM nominees and alternates will be selected based on the following priorities (ranked from highest to lowest). Please indicate in your brief statement which priorities apply to you.
- New instructors who wish to develop their pedagogy.
- Instructors who wish to develop their knowledge and skills in assessing student learning.
- Instructors who are interested in developing a Scholarship of Teaching and Learning project.
- Experienced instructors who wish to learn new teaching approaches.
- Instructors with responsibilities related to professional development of instructors.
- Instructors who have not participated in Faculty College