Canvas has a special tool, called My Media, which is designed to distribute audio and video files efficiently and reliably. My Media will display the video (or audio file) in the browser with controls and, best of all, students do not need any special hardware or software to view the videos. The My Media tool is also very easy to use. Instead of uploading media files directly to Canvas, you upload through the My Media tool located in the Rich Content Editor (HTML Editor). My Media is the primary tool used to distribute video and audio materials through the learning management system, delivering course content and student media contributions.
Technical Knowledgebase Articles:
- How Do I Upload a Video through My Media to a Canvas Page?
- How Do I Embed My Media Videos into my Canvas Course Site?
- Troubleshooting issues with viewing My Media videos or video quizzes
- How do I share a video uploaded to My Media with viewers outside Canvas?
- How to download a video from My Media?
- How do I give Co-Editor, Co-Publisher, or Co-Viewer access to a My Media video?
- How Do I Change Ownership of a My Media Video?