Commercial textbooks can be a barrier to student success. Students report that they delay purchasing, or forgo purchasing high cost textbooks due to financial limitations. UWM encourages instructors to explore the use of free and low cost course materials to ensure student access and success.
The Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL) and the UWM Libraries have created a self-paced training that provides tools to identify open textbooks and open-educational resources. The training helps instructors answer the following questions:
- Why should I choose open course materials?
- What are open textbooks?
- How do I adopt an open textbook?
- What are open educational resources
- How do I integrate open educational resources?
- How do I open educational resources?
Enroll in the Open Textbooks and OER Training for Instructors
If you have questions or concerns about the Open Textbooks and OER Training for Instructors, please contact Amy Mangrich and Kristin Woodward.