Influence Without Authority: Manage People and Projects Up, Down and Virtually
As more organizations move away from traditional hierarchies and toward cross-functional teams, short-term projects and changing staff, it’s more important than ever for all employees to have a wide variety of tools to achieve successful outcomes and create change. This interactive course helps you understand the nature of power and influence, how to influence others and how to leverage your influence even when you don’t have final authority. Learn specific strategies to increase your influence so you can manage people and projects up, down and virtually.
Need to upskill your team? We can bring this training to your organization, when and where it is convenient. For more information, visit Customized Training.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Identify sources and styles of influence
- Assess assumptions of authority
- Explore how to have thoughtful interactions in order to achieve results at all levels
- Compare and contrast strategies for influence and determine when to use
- Practice balanced conversations to find common ground and design accountability
- Determine situations where influence is necessary and apply skills learned
- Define influence
- Explore influence models and research
- Learn four strategies for creating influence
- Identify goals and common ground
- Build relationships and rapport
- Determine positive and negative motivation
- Design and maintain alliances
- Conduct balanced conversations
- Clarify the goal
- Craft your message
- Connect with curiosity
- Application and practice
Program fee includes morning and afternoon refreshment networking breaks, lunches, instructional material and discounted parking.
Date: Wed & Fri, Apr 28-30, 2021
Delivery Method: Live Online
Time: 8:30-10:30am CT
Instructor: Jill Mueller
$345 by Apr 14, 2021
$395 after Apr 14, 2021
CEUs: 0.7, PDCs: 7, PD Hours: 7, CDUs: 7
Enrollment Limit: 40
Program Number: 5050-13296
Note: This course meets live online via Zoom from 8:30-11:30am on Apr 28 and 30.
Registration Deadline: Apr 20, 2021