Registering for a School of Continuing Education program is quick and easy. Please see below for more information.
As you browse through our program offerings, you will notice the “Register Now” button at the end of each course description. Clicking the “Register Now” button takes you to the registration form for the course. If you do not see the “Register Now” button, it either means there is no current session for that course or that the current session is full. Look for directions on whom to contact for information on future sessions, or for how to be added to a waiting list.
Registering Multiple People
A separate registration form must be completed for each registrant and each program. After entering the first registrant, click “Add Additional Registrant” button found on the order summary page to add an additional person. This process can be repeated to add all your registrants to the same program.
Other Registration Options
- Call 1-800-222-3623 or 414-227-3200. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, phone registration is currently unavailable. For questions about registration or payment options, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the program manager directly.
- In-person registration is currently unavailable. If you need assistance registering, please email email@example.com or contact the program manager directly.
- Fax or Mail
- To register by mail or fax, please provide the following information in your submission: program name, program number, first name, last name, email address, street address, city, state (if USA or Canada), postal code, country and phone number.
- 24-Hour Fax
- 1-800-399-4896 or 414-227-3146
- School of Continuing Education
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Drawer No. 491
Milwaukee, WI 53293-0491
Most classes require full payment at the time of registration. You may choose from a variety of payment methods: check, Company Purchase Order (P.O.), Money Order or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express). Checks should be made payable to “University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.” Cash is accepted through in-person registration only. Credit card payment for existing registration orders can be made via our Payment Portal.
The following policy does not apply to Osher Travel or College for Kids/Teens programs, which have no-refund policies:
A full refund is issued to program participants if the School of Continuing Education cancels a program for any reason. If a participant withdraws at least 10 business days prior to the start of a program, a 100% refund will be issued. If a participant withdraws less than 10 business days prior to the program start, a one-time transfer of fees to any currently available program is allowed; otherwise, the participant will receive a refund minus a 20% administrative fee. No refund will be given once a program has begun. No refund will be issued for programs with a fee of $35 or less. For on-demand online programs without a specified start date, no refund will be issued once a participant has accessed the online learning environment.
School of Continuing Education participants traveling from out of town will make their own reservations for travel and overnight accommodations. Please note that the School of Continuing Education will not provide refunds for travel expenses incurred when a program is canceled. We recommend booking travel and hotel accommodations that are refundable or transferable.
When your registration is submitted/processed, an email confirmation is immediately sent to the email address provided. If the email address is incorrect or missing, a printed confirmation will be mailed within five business days.
Please contact us with any questions regarding your registration. Call 1-800-222-3623 or 414-227-3200, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for the fastest response.
How Your Information Is Used
It is our policy not to share, sell or distribute the contents of our mailing lists or email lists to organizations outside of the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.
Virtual programs may be recorded for use in marketing communications and content sharing. Review the participant consent for recorded programs.
Social Media Disclaimer
The perceptions, opinions, beliefs, and attitudes expressed through social media websites and other public forums are those of employees, related individuals, and other participating users of our websites, and are not necessarily aligned with the policies, standards, and practices of the UWM School of Continuing Education. UWM School of Continuing Education DOES NOT endorse any user-submitted material, content and/or links or assume any liability for any actions of participating users. We encourage your comments on our sites, and hope you will join the discussions. The social media sites represented on UWM School of Continuing Education promotional materials (Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter, and Flickr) are produced and maintained by the UWM School of Continuing Education. Links to content or other Internet sites should not be construed as an endorsement of the organizations, entities, views or content contained therein. UWM School of Continuing Education is not responsible for the content of those external websites.
While UWM School of Continuing Education does not regularly review content posted to social media sites, it shall have the right to remove any content for any reason, including but not limited to, content that it deems threatening, profane, obscene, a violation of intellectual property rights or privacy laws, off-topic, commercial or promotion of organizations or programs not related to or affiliated with the university, or otherwise illegal. We expect participation to maintain a basic level of civility; disagreements are fine, but mutual respect is a must, and profanity or abusive language are out-of-bounds. Users are fully responsible for the content they load on any of the UWM School of Continuing Education social media pages.
That’s the plain English version. Here it is in legal language:
By posting any comments, posts or other material on UWM School of Continuing Education sites/blogs, you give the School of Continuing Education the irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, create derivative works from, and otherwise use your submission for any purpose in any form and on any media. You also agree that you will not:
- Post material that infringes on the rights of any third party, including intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights.
- Post material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by UWM School of Continuing Education in its sole discretion.
- Post advertisements or solicitations of business.
- Post chain letters or pyramid schemes.
- Impersonate another person.
- Allow any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments.
- Post the same note more than once or “spam.”
UWM School of Continuing Education reserves the right (but is not obligated) to do any or all of the following:
- Remove communications that are abusive, illegal or disruptive, or that otherwise fail to conform with these Terms and Conditions.
- Terminate a user’s access to the blog feature upon any breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- Edit or delete any communications posted on the blog feature, regardless of whether such communications violate these standards.
- Finally, you agree that you will indemnify UWM School of Continuing Education against any damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, costs or expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) arising out of a claim by a third party relating to any material you have posted.
By submitting content to any of the UWM School of Continuing Education’s social media sites, users understand and acknowledge that this information is available to the public and that UWM School of Continuing Education may use this information for internal and external promotional purposes. Please note that other participants may use posted information beyond the control of UW-Milwaukee. Users who do not wish to have information they have made available via these sites used, published, copied and/or reprinted, should not post on the social media sites.
UWM School of Continuing Education
161 W. Wisconsin Avenue, Ste. 6000
Effective Jan 2011 | Revised May 2014