Educational Travel & Tours
Registration for all 2019-2020 tours opens on February 6, 2019, at 10am.
When registering for travel programs, please keep the following suggestions in mind:
1. Travel programs are popular and fill quickly. Prioritize the travel programs in which you hope to enroll. Each program is a separate registration. Thus, after you complete your first registration, you will need to repeat the process for each additional tour. At that time, other tours may already be filled.
2. Select the name of the tour you wish to register for first (listings are at the bottom of the current page you are on). Once on the page for the correct tour, select Register Now (toward the bottom of each tour page). This will take you to the registration page for the tour where you will enter your email and password to start the registration process.
3. During the registration process, you will be asked if you are a single or double occupancy. If you select double, you will be prompted to enter the name of your roommate. This step does not register your roommate. It is solely for informational and matching purposes. There are two options for registering your roommate:
a. Your roommate may register independently of you. In this situation, your roommate will need to list you as their roommate when they select double occupancy on their registration.
b. You may also register your roommate when you are completing your registration using “Add Another Registrant” functionality. In this instance, after you have finished entering your registration information up to the point of making your payment, a blue box will appear in the upper left-hand of your screen. It will ask if you wish to “Add Another Registrant.” Click on that link and then enter the registration information for your roommate. Once completed, you will be prompted to enter your payment information.
Again, your roommate for double occupancy is not registered until they either complete their own/independent registration OR you add them as a registrant on your registration.
Good luck, and feel free to contact Kim Beck at email@example.com if you have problems while registering.
Why Travel With Osher?
You have many choices for travel companies; so why travel with Osher? First and foremost, our travel experiences are designed the Osher way – with our members in mind. Our reasonably priced itineraries are custom tailored to meet the needs of older travelers. Our tours have just the right blend of hands-on learning experiences and free time to explore on your own.
When you travel with Osher, you aren’t traveling alone. You are part of a highly social, welcoming community of travelers who share common interests. All tours always begin and end in Milwaukee with convenient departure locations. Traveling with Osher gives back to the institute since a portion of your tours fees is returned to the institute, keeping programs affordable for all our members. Finally, when you travel with us, we’ll make sure all the important details are covered so you can travel worry-free.
All tours are led by Osher Executive Director Kim Beck.
All International Tour Prices Include Travel Insurance
Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at UWM international tour prices include travel insurance. Coverage includes medical insurance, trip delay and interruption, loss of baggage and personal effects, emergency evacuation and trip cancellation (effective the first day of the month of your tour). For more details about this valuable feature, contact Kim Beck at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who Can Travel With Osher?
- Everyone over fifty is welcome but you must be a current member of the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee at the time of registration and at the time of travel.
- Travel registrations are limited to Wisconsin residents only from February 6th until March 1st. If openings remain after March 1st, nonresidents of Wisconsin will be permitted to register.
- If you are not a current member of our institute at the time of registration, your registration will be canceled with deposit refunded. Once your membership is active, you may register if openings remain. If you do not maintain your membership, we reserve the right to cancel you from the tour.
Tours often fill up prior to the tour information meeting, so you should register as soon as possible, on or after February 6, 2019.
A nonrefundable $300 deposit is necessary to reserve your place on any tour.
Michael & Maria Trussoni - Member of Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at UWM
Weekdays, Jan 17-27, 2020
Weekdays, Sept 13-24 Full
Weekdays, May 9-19 Full
Thu-Sun, Nov 7-10 Full
Weekdays, Mar 12-23, 2020 Full
Mon-Fri, Oct 14-18
Sun-Sat, May 3-9, 2020