PMP® Boot Camp: Intensive Test Prep Plus Study Strategies and Tools
For anyone who is preparing to take the Project Management Professional (PMP)® or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® exams, this 35-hour course provides students with an in-depth study of knowledge areas covered in the “A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge®” (PMBOK®), PMP® Exam Content Outline and Agile® Practice Guide as they relate to the three domains of project management. The course provides a context for traditional, agile and hybrid approaches to the project life cycle. The course focuses on the knowledge required from the multiple resources required to implement a PM framework and to complete the exam.
UWM is part of the Project Management Institute’s new Authorized Training Partner program. You receive licensed, up-to-date content and online learning assets from PMI as well as UWM’s customized content. Our course and instructor are authorized by PMI.
Included in this course:
- PMP® Student Manual
- Sample Scenario discussion to reinforce concepts
- Detailed information to support the content of the PMP Exam Content Outline, PMBOK Guide and Agile Practice Guide
- Manual and electronic templates that can be used as a study aid and for daily project work
- Additional study aids for post-course study
- Brain Dump Sheet
- Electronic Flashcards
- 12-24-week Study Agenda
- Access to a weekly one-hour content review call
- Application support including a project tracking sheet and review prior to submission.
The PMI Authorized Training Partner logo, CAPM, PMP and PMBOK are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
This course can be applied to the following certificates:
Project Management – Advanced Certificate
Project Management Certificate
Sandra Hoskins, ISP, ITCP, PMP, CSM
As a speaker, mentor, educator, consultant, author and project manager, Sandra Hoskins is committed to working with people who want to create excellence in their life, whether at work, home, play or in their community. Sandra’s passions are project management ... read more
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for those individuals involved in managing and/or working on projects who are interested in preparing to take the PMP or CAPM Exam.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
Value to the Organization
• A framework for applying project management best practices to an existing project portfolio
• A standard format for a project management plan
• A consistent approach to using project processes and documents
• A consistent language and approach to proactively managing projects in the organization
Value to the Participant
• Understand the importance of using the PMI course material as the baseline for achieving PMP® certification.
• Learn what is required to study for the PMP® exam
• Learn to communicate the impact on the project of risks, issues, and changes.
• Learn how to communicate performance to schedule, performance to scope, performance to budget and performance to quality standards
• Learn how to apply current tools and techniques to create an effective project management study plan.
The material will provide the participants with the necessary methods and disciplines to implement a project management discipline personally or within their departments. An additional benefit is the ability to develop a project schedule to study and take the PMP® certification exam.
PMP® Boot Camp: Exam Preparation
Learn. Understand. Achieve.
Taking the Exam
• Review Current PMI requirements
• The PMI Code of Professional Conduct
• Exam Tips
• Collecting the information to apply and be approved to right the exam
• Goals and Objectives
• Project Management Lifecycle and Exam Preparation
Introduction to Project Management
• Project Management Body of Knowledge PMBOK®
• Agile Practice Guide®
• The PMBOK and General Management practices
• The Agile Practice Guide and General Management practices
• Understanding the Terminology – Common Vocabulary
• Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct
• Foundations of PM
The Environment in Which Projects Operate
• Enterprises Environmental Factors
• Organizational Process Assets
• Organizational Systems and Support
The Role of a PM
• Definition of a Project Manager
• Sphere of Influence
• Integrating the Processes
Lesson 1: Creating a High Performing Team
• Build a Team
• Define Team Ground Rules
• Build Shared Understanding About a Project
• Negotiate Project Agreements
• Empower Team Members and Stakeholders
• Train Team Members and Stakeholders
• Engage and Support Virtual Teams
• Supplemental Skills, Knowledge and Experience
Lesson 2: Starting the Project
• Determine Appropriate Project Methodology/Methods and Practices
• Plan and Manage Scope
• Plan and Manage Budget and Resources
• Plan and Manage Schedule
• Plan and Manage Quality of Products/Deliverables
• Integrate Project Planning Activities
• Plan and Manage Procurement
• Establish Project Governance Structure
• Plan and Manage Project/Phase Closure
Lesson 3: Doing the Work
• Assess and Manage Risks
• Execute Project to Deliver Business Value
• Manage Communications
• Engage Stakeholders
• Create Project Artifacts
• Manage Project Changes
• Manage Project Issues
• Ensure Knowledge Transfer to Project Continuity
Lesson 4: Getting Started With the Project
• Lead a Team
• Support Team Performance
• Address and Remove Impediments, Obstacles and Blockers
• Manage Conflict
• Collaborate With Stakeholders
• Mentor Relevant Stakeholders
• Apply Emotional Intelligence to Promote Team Performance
Lesson 5: Running the Project
• Manage Compliance Requirements
• Evaluate and Deliver Project Benefits and Value
• Evaluate and Address Internal and External Business Environment Changes
• Support Organizational Change
• Employ Continuous Process Improvement
CONCLUSION AND SUMMARY
The Project Management Foundations class or equivalent experience.
"The instructor’s ability to so clearly sift through the PMBOK® structure was stellar." — Daniel Quinn, NewAge Industries, Inc.
Peek inside the PMP Boot Camp!
Date: Wed, Mar 8, 15, 22, 29, Apr 5, 12, Fri, Apr 28, Wed, May 3, 10
Delivery Method: Live Online
Time: 8:30am-11:30am CT
Instructor: Sandra Hoskins, ISP, ITCP, PMP, CSM
CEUs: 3.5, PDUs:
Enrollment Limit: 20
Program Number: 5025-15124
Note: Participants will receive instructions for logging into Canvas to access course materials and Zoom links approximately one week prior to first class. Class will meet on Mar 8, 15, 22, 29, Apr 5, 12, 28 and May 3 & 10. Please note that these are all Wednesdays except for one Friday on April 28.
Registration Deadline: Mar 8Registration deadline has passed.