Managing Multiple Projects
In the fast-paced world of project management, most project managers manage more than one project at a time.
Learn tools and techniques for managing multiple projects. Through case studies, classic project management theory and real-world, hands-on experience, gain a portfolio of tools, processes and templates that can be used immediately on your job.
- Announcing a New and Better Online Platform! Beginning in fall 2019, UWM’s School of Continuing Education joins UWM faculty and staff in using Canvas for its online and blended courses. Canvas was chosen by UWM because it is a user-friendly, intuitive platform implemented by colleges and universities across the U.S. D2L (Desire to Learn) will be discontinued. There will be online tutorials available to help you learn Canvas. Instructors and staff are available to help you access and become comfortable with this new system.
Required text purchased by participant: “Managing Multiple Projects” by Tobis & Tobis. Approx $16.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Who Should Attend
- Those who manage multiple projects within their organization
- Those who serve on multiple project teams
- Those who anticipate working on more than one project
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Understand the essentials of managing more than one significant project.
- Learn how to delegate, prioritize and manage resources effectively.
- Use time-tested strategies and tools to organize time and minimize daily distractions.
- Learn how to reduce stress through better organization and planning.
UNIT 1: An introduction to multiple project management
- Resource Inventory
UNIT 2: Bringing a new project in to the mix
- Project Charter
- Resource Allocation
- Handling Project Stress
UNIT 3: Rolling Wave Planning & Multiple Projects
- Project Planning
- Time Management
UNIT 4: Balancing Workload and Resources
- Managing Risk
UNIT FIVE: Reconciling Progress & Closing Out Projects
- Team Motivation
- Closing 0ut a Project
- Course Summary
- Final Assessment
Project Management Foundations or Estimating, Scheduling and Managing Project Performance or equivalent experience
Required Text: “Managing Multiple Projects” by Tobis & Tobis, Approx. $16
Registration Deadline: If the registration deadline has passed, call 414-227-3220 for your enrollment options.
"Course content is very clearly defined, well laid out and easy to use and understand. Directions given by professor were always clear, and he was very responsive to any questions he received.
What I appreciated most was the group conversations and assignments which allowed for collaboration." — Class Participant
"Instructors are very engaging, supportive, empowering and genuinely care about the students." — Class Participant
Date: Course available June 15-July 18
Instructor: Alan Waite MA, CEC
$845 by Mon., June 1.
$895 after Mon., June 1.
CEUs: 1.4, PDUs: 14
Enrollment Limit: 20
Program Number: 5025-12246
Note: Required text purchased by participant: “Managing Multiple Projects” by Tobis & Tobis. Approx $16.
Registration Deadline: Fri., June 5