German Language Certificate
Whether you want to get ahead at work, start a new career or travel with confidence, learning German will benefit you. No matter where life takes you, a foundation in German helps grow your mind and opportunities. The German Language Certificate provides the tools and develops the skills you need to read, write and speak German. Through eight core courses and an oral proficiency interview by computer (OPIc), you work with our experienced instructors to strengthen your German language skills. It’s offered as an in-person or online certificate and uses the standards from the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL).
- Analyze the basic grammar of German verbs and pronouns
- Outline the spectrum of German verb tenses
- Complete exercises intended to test German reading, writing and speaking skills
- Read and write in German to improve your fundamentals of the language
- Follow German oral activities to familiarize yourself with native speech patterns
- Complete an OPIc and receive an oral proficiency rating
To get started, simply enroll in your first course. Earn the certificate by completing a minimum of German III & IV and Intermediate German I-IV, plus the OPIc.
Online course formats include live, course-paced, combined or on-demand. Blended courses offer both face-to-face and online components. View the session information on course pages for details.
|German I||Online – Register anytime||$350|
|German II||Online – Register anytime||$350|
|German III||Online – Register anytime||$350|
|German IV||Online – Register anytime||$350|
|Intermediate German I||Online – Register anytime||$350|
|Intermediate German II||Online – Register anytime||$350|
|Intermediate German III||Online – Register anytime||$350|
|Intermediate German IV||Online – Register anytime||$350|