German IV is for those who have completed German III or have previous German language experience and want to continue their language learning journey. Emphasis on conversational skills, grammatical structure and reading. German IV, offered live online or on-demand, covers the last three chapters 10, 11 and 12 in the “Sag Mal” textbook.
Required Textbook Package
Our required textbook package, used for German I-IV, grants you 36-month access to VHLcentral.com. Vista Higher Learning’s online learning platform is a comprehensive suite of tools that includes the SuperSite Plus and WebSAM (Student Activities Manual). This innovative online learning hub ensures a seamless learning experience, offering interactive resources, exercises, and materials to support and enhance your German language skills.
“Sag Mal,” Third Edition (Choose 1 option)
- Print + Digital | ISBN: 978-1-54331-606-3 | Price: $274.80
- Digital | ISBN: 978-1-54331-607-0 | Price: $189
Do not purchase materials from other stores. Special pricing and passcodes for VHL’s online resources are required and are only available through this link: Vista Higher Learning
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Master the usage of subordinating conjunctions, relative pronouns and adjective endings in vocabulary pertaining to running errands, nationality, careers, professions, pollution and the environment.
- Demonstrate proficiency in discussing places, businesses around town and related activities using appropriate phrases and vocabulary.
- Formulate sentences employing both Futur I and Futur II future tenses when discussing plans, expectations and future events related to giving directions, job applications and outdoor activities.
- Skillfully inquire about and provide directions using accurate vocabulary and sentence structures.
- Engage in discussions regarding job applications, qualifications and job interviews, incorporating relevant vocabulary and future tense constructions.
- Discuss nature, outdoor activities, pollution and the environment using phrases and vocabulary relevant to these topics.
- Construct sentences utilizing passive voice in discussions about nature, outdoor activities, pollution, careers and professions, employing appropriate vocabulary and grammatical structures.
Live Online vs On-Demand Online
- Live Online: The synchronous live online courses are 12 weeks long each, meeting once a week, for two and a half hours. For a total of 30 in-class hours. Specific dates below.
- On-Demand Online: Explore a rich array of tools on Vista Higher Learning’s online platform, VHL Central, offering audio, video, auto-graded activities, tutorials, assessments, pronunciation guides and features to record your voice, listen to native speakers and submit coursework. Following registration, your UWM SCE instructor collaborates with you to design a personalized schedule and set flexible due dates within the 6-16 week range. This instructor-guided format caters to busy schedules, eliminating mandatory live interactions. Perfect for self-directed learners seeking flexibility. Register anytime!
UWM SCE’s German III or equivalent experience
This is a noncredit personal enrichment program. Progress and courses completed are marked by Continuing Education Units. CEUs are not transferable to college or university transcripts.
Date: Open enrollment – Register anytime
Delivery Method: On-Demand Online
Instructor: Ann-Christin Kloth
ACTIVE Osher members receive 10% discount on Language courses. Contact the the Languages Department at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.
As an ACTIVE member of the Hispanic Professionals of Greater Milwaukee Organization (HPGM) receive a 10% discount on this language program.
Early registration discounts will subtract automatically from the fee if the registration is submitted prior to the deadline. All other discounts require the code in the left column to be entered on the registration form. Only one discount code can be entered on a registration form.
Program Number: 7781-15641
Note: Dates on your registration invoice will reflect FY 2024, however you will be contacted by your instructor within 1-3 business days to arrange your custom schedule.