The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, 2017-2021, B.S., Biochemistry, Psychology, Minor in Biology
Why I like Biochemistry
Not only is learning about biological systems and the process of drug discovery interesting, but it is also very fulfilling work. The creation of treatments for common diseases can give rise to a larger population of people who can age healthier and for longer. Working to find the next discovery can pass on that hope to those who did not before.
Research Lab: Prof. Alexander (Leggy) Arnold
Major Area of Focus: Biochemistry
ORCID Linkedin ResearchGate
Why I chose the Chemistry and Biochemistry Program at UW-Milwaukee
As a previous undergraduate at UWM, I know that my time at this provided many opportunities to grow my passion to learn a subject under a variety of scopes. Additionally, the faculty has challenged me to grow my critical thinking skills, appreciate the boundary between chemistry and physical condition, and lead me in research. This has urged me to continue my education at this school.
Favorite things to do in Milwaukee
For fun, I love to be active! As an alumnus of UWM’s D1 women’s track and field team, that activity tends to be running. I also love hiking and camping. I also have a strong passion for art and use a large variety of mediums to paint and draw. More recently, I illustrated a published children’s book titled “The Adventures of Curious Cult: A New Home”.
- Daniel A Webb, Michelle J Meyer, Kayode M Medubi, Anika S Tylek, Gene T Yocum, M S Rashid Roni, Nicolas M Zahn, Sarah A Swartwout, Ahmad K Masoud, Charles W Emala, Douglas C Stafford, Leggy A Arnold “Design, Synthesis, and Biological Evaluation of Novel Spiro Imidazobenzodiazepines to Identify Improved Inhaled Bronchodilators” J Med Chem, 2023, 66(14), 9853-9865.
- Kamal P. Pandey, Branka Divović, Farjana Rashid, Lalit K. Golani, Rok Cerne, Nicolas M. Zahn, Michelle J. Meyer, Leggy A. Arnold, Dishary Sharmin, Md Yeunus Mian, Jodi L. Smith, Xingjie Ping, Xiaoming Jin, Arnold Lippa, V V N Phani Babu Tiruveedhula, James M. Cook, Miroslav Savic, Jeffrey M. Witkin “Structural analogs of the GABAkine (5-(8-ethynyl-6-(pyridin-2-yl)-4H-benzo[ f ]imidazole[1,5-α ] [1,4]diazepin-3-yl) oxazole) ( KRM-II-81) are orally bioavailable anticonvulsants without sedation” J Pharmacol Exp Ther 2023, 385 (1), 50-61.
- Xingjie Ping, Michelle J. Meyer, Nicolas M. Zahn, Lalit K. Golani, Dishary Sharmin, Kamal P. Pandey, Sepideh Revanian, Prithu Mondal, Xiaoming Jin, Leggy A. Arnold, Rok Cerne, James M. Cook, Branka Divović, Miroslav M. Savić, Arnold Lippa, Jodi L. Smith, Jeffrey M. Witkin “Comparative anticonvulsant activity of the GABAkine KRM-II-81 and a deuterated analog” Drug Development Research 2023.
- Lalit K Golani, Branka Divović, Dishary Sharmin, Kamal P Pandey, Md Yeunus Mian, Rok Cerne, Nicolas M Zahn, Michelle J Meyer, Veera V N P B Tiruveedhula, Jodi L Smith, Xingjie Ping, Xiaoming Jin, Arnold Lippa, Jeffrey M Schkeryantz, Leggy A Arnold, James M Cook, Miroslav M Savić and Jeffrey M Witkin “Metabolism, pharmacokinetics, and anticonvulsant activity of a deuterated analog of the α2/3-selective GABAkine KRM-II-81” Biopharmaceutics and Drug Disposition 2022, 43(2), 66-75.
- M.S. Rashid Roni, Nicolas M. Zahn, Gene T. Yocum, Daniel A. Webb, Md Yeunus Mian, Michelle J. Meyer, Anika S. Tylek, James M. Cook, Charles W. Emala, Douglas C. Stafford and Leggy A. Arnold "Comparative pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic study of MIDD0301 and its (S) enantiomer" Drug Development Research 2022, 83(4), 979-992.
- Nicolas M. Zahn, M.S. Rashid Roni, Gene T. Yocum, Michelle J. Meyer, Daniel A. Webb, Md Yeunus Mian, James M. Cook, Douglas C. Stafford, Charles W. Emala, and Leggy A. Arnold "Development of inhaled GABA(A) receptor modulators to improve airway function in bronchoconstrictive disorders" ACS Pharmacology& Translational Science 2022, 5(2), 80-88.
- Michelle J. Meyer, Daniel A. Webb, Md Shadiqur Rashid Roni, Sarah Swartwout, Ahmad Masoud, Leggy A. Arnold “Characterization of microencapsulated PI301” Milwaukee Analytical Chemistry Conference, September 11th, 2023.
- Michelle J. Meyer, Daniel A. Webb, Md Shadiqur Rashid Roni, Sarah Swartwout, Ahmad Masoud, Leggy A. Arnold, “A comparison of mice and dog pharmacokinetics of novel drug candidates”, Chemistry and Biochemistry Research Symposium, UWM, Milwaukee, April 28th, 2023.
- Michelle J. Meyer, Daniel A. Webb, Md Shadiqur Rashid Roni, Sarah Swartwout, Ahmad Masoud, Leggy A. Arnold, “A comparison of mice and dog pharmacokinetics of novel drug candidates”, MIDD symposium 2023, February 17th, 2023.
- Michelle Meyer, Nicolas N. Zahn, Leggy A. Arnold “Determination of Lung TSLP Levels in OVA s/c Mice Treated Orally with GABAA receptor modulator MIDD0301” Chemistry and Biochemistry Research Symposium, UWM, Milwaukee, April 22nd, 2022.
- Michelle Meyer, Nicolas M. Zahn, James M. Cook, Douglas C. Stafford and Leggy A. Arnold, “Cell Viability, Motor Performance, and Behavioral Assessments of New Drug Candidates” UW System Symposium, UW Whitewater, April 28th, 2021.
- Michelle Meyer, Nicolas M. Zahn, James M. Cook, Douglas C. Stafford and Leggy A. Arnold, “Cell Viability, Motor Performance, and Behavioral Assessments of New Drug Candidates” Chemistry and Biochemistry Research Symposium, UWM, Milwaukee, April 23rd, 2021.