The application is online and has to include the following:
- Minimum qualifications defined by the Graduate School.
- Online submission of official or unofficial transcripts from each college or university you have attended.
- Online submission of Statement of “Reasons for Graduate Study”. This is usually one page describing your motivation and goals for pursuing graduate study, your specific interests and background in the field, and relevant academic awards or honors you have received. If possible, specify which area of chemistry you are interested in and which research group(s) you would be interested in joining.
- Online submission of three email addresses of your recommenders. Our system will automatically send out requests for recommendation letters. Your recommenders will be able to login and submit their recommendation. Please let your recommenders know that they must submit their letter as a PDF file with original letterhead and signature.
Please check your application status often and contact the chair of the admission committee in case of any questions. (Prof. Woehl; firstname.lastname@example.org)
Applications from international students must also include the following (for more details, see the International Admissions page of the Center for International Education).
- Evidence of English Proficiency
UWM accepts a variety of tests as evidence of English proficiency, as described here. You must satisfy the requirements for Full Admission and Teaching Assistants to be considered for admission to our graduate program. For reference, the average score of our international students is >90 (TOEFL) and >7.5 (IELTS).
- An official English translation accompanying any transcript submitted in the native language.
- $75 Graduate School application fee. This fee cannot be waived.