Welcome to CIE
The Center for International Education (CIE) at UWM is committed to developing, promoting and implementing international education initiatives for students, faculty, staff and our community.
- Through our International Students & Scholars Office, we use our immigration, visa and admissions expertise to support the success of UWM students and scholars from around the globe.
- We offer more than 170 high-quality, safe and affordable programs through our Study Abroad Office.
- Our Institute of World Affairs works to redefine global knowledge and engagement through relationship building, co-learning and co-educating alongside members of our communities.
- As a federally-funded Title VI Center, CIE provides support for the teaching and learning of modern world languages, research and training in global and international studies, and instruction and research in a variety of world affairs areas. Learn more about CIE’s National Resource Center (NRC) Grant and Foreign Languages and Area Studies (FLAS) Fellowship program.
In-Person Office Hours
Monday – Thursday: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. (Central Time)
Friday: 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. (Central Time)
Virtual Office Hours
We can be reached by phone, email and video chat
Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (Central Time).
Study Abroad Advising
Meet with us virtually or in person:
- Students can schedule an appointment with our staff members to learn more about studying abroad and how to get started. Virtual and in-person appointments are offered Tuesday-Thursday from Noon – 2 p.m. (Central Time).
- To make your appointment, email email@example.com, call 414-229-4846, or stop by the CIE main office (Garland 138).
Chat with us:
- Students can contact our study abroad staff members via the Study Abroad Teams Chat Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. (Central Time).
- If you chat us outside of business hours, you will receive a response the following business day.
- If you don’t have a current UWM email address, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get access to the chat.
Students can schedule a 20-minute immigration advising appointment. Virtual, phone, and in-person appointments are available, and can be made by calling +1 414-229-4846 or stopping by the Center for International Education main office (Garland 138).
Appointments are available:
- Mondays – Fridays 10 a.m. – 11:40 a.m.; 2 p.m. – 3:40 p.m. (Central Time)
- Mondays and Thursdays 8 p.m. – 9:40 p.m. (Central Time)