The Center for International Education (CIE) provides innovative ways for students, faculty, staff and members of the wider community to live, study and work in our interconnected world.
- Influence people’s lives beyond the boundaries of the classroom, in Wisconsin and throughout the world.
- Provide ethical educational leadership in meeting future social, cultural and technological challenges.
- Stimulate society by developing in students a sense of purpose as well as heightened intellectual, cultural and humane sensitivities.
- Foster diversity in all of its definitions, including who we are, how we think, and what we do.
In pursuit of its mission, CIE engages in the following activities:
- Recruit, admit, retain and graduate international students
- Provide a diverse portfolio of high-quality, safe and affordable international academic opportunities
- Facilitate a strategic array of international institutional partnerships
- Connect local and global issues through outreach and collaboration with diverse community constituencies
- Provide services to employ and retain highly qualified foreign national faculty and researchers
- Support faculty and staff engagement in a culture of campus internationalization
Hate Has No Home Here
Hate is not a value of the UWM community, and students, faculty and staff are coming together to spread this message. Guided by our values and mission, our community welcomes and supports all. UWM Chancellor Mark Mone made this clear in a message to the campus.
“UWM is and will continue to be a campus that welcomes and supports people of all races, religions, genders, countries of origin, sexual orientation and identities, and other statuses that add to the diversity of our community. Just as the city of Milwaukee has done for generations, UWM will remain a campus that opens its arms to people everywhere.” – Mark A. Mone, Chancellor, University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee