The Institute of World Affairs (IWA) believes global education should be accessible to all and connect to the daily lives of educators, students and the broader community. At its best, global education can add context, meaning and inspiration to students as they make sense of the challenges we face in our communities and discover ways to take informed action on issues that matter to them.
We value the work K-12 Educators perform every day in classrooms and in the community. IWA works alongside them to incorporate global perspectives, build global connections and link global learning to student civic action. We offer the following programs and services:
- Professional Development workshops and events
- Curricular resources and support on global topics, with specific strengths in human rights education, the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and incorporating global perspectives into civics courses
- Programming and resources to support global-to-local service-learning and informed action
- Opportunities to connect with global artists, experts and practitioners
- Youth workshops and programs to complement classroom teaching
- An educator e-mail list featuring up-coming events and opportunities
To learn more or to receive e-mail updates on educator and youth programs, please contact Nicole Palasz at email@example.com.