The research symposium (aka awards day) is one of the most important days for our department. The event is free and open to public. All students conducting research in our laboratories are welcome to submit an abstract in the spring. Detailed instructions are disseminated by email each year. Every student presenting at the research symposium has a chance to win one of the poster awards.
- 1st place McFarland Undergraduate Research Award
- 2nd place Chemistry Alumni Award for Undergraduate Research
- 3rd place Chemistry Alumni Award for Undergraduate Research
- 1st Place Keith Hall Award for Excellence in Graduate Research
- 2nd Place Keulks Award for Graduate Research
- 3rd Place McFarland Award
- 4th Place Chemistry Alumni Award for Graduate Research
In addition to the poster awards, other chemistry and biochemistry awards will be granted during the research symposium. Information about these wards for undergraduate and graduate student are listed online. For more detailed information about specific research symposium years use the links provided on the left.