Your UWM experience should be an adventure. Get out and explore all that UWM and Milwaukee has to offer, from campus life to local favorites. Finish the list? Receive a free T-shirt. What will you check off first?
- Attend a Fall Welcome event to kick off the academic year.
- Stargaze at the UWM Manfred Olson Planetarium.
- Volunteer at Make a Difference Day or the MLK Jr. Day of Service.
- Get your photo taken with Pounce.
- Join one of UWM’s 300+ student organizations.
- Attend the Distinguished Lecture Series.
- Visit the Milwaukee County Zoo and its 3,000 animals.
- Soak up the sun on Spaights Plaza.
- Vote for your student leaders in the Student Association election.
- Check out the Milwaukee Art Museum, it’s free the first Thursday of the month.
- Take a trip with Outdoor Pursuits.
- Eat at Oakland Gyros, an East Side landmark.
- Participate in or volunteer at the Panther Prowl, UWM’s annual 5K run/walk.
- Sit in a sunburst chair and enjoy the view at Colectivo Coffee Lakefront.
- Close your eyes in the Fireside Lounge, known as UWM’s quietest nap spot.
- Attend the Campus Activities Board’s annual comedy show.
- Enroll in a fitness class, or use the facilities at the Klotsche Center.
- Witness the cross-town rivalry at a UWM vs. Marquette soccer or basketball game.
- Participate in the UWM Homecoming Campus Cornhole Championship!
- Visit Milwaukee’s Black Cat Mural Alley and take a picture.
- Grab a slice at Ian’s Pizza on North Avenue.
- Play a game of volleyball or catch some rays at Bradford Beach, Milwaukee’s largest public beach.
- Cheer on the Milwaukee Panthers men’s basketball team at the UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena.
- Attend a competition for one of the 14 other Panther varsity athletic teams.
- Eat some popcorn and catch a movie at the Union Cinema.
- Attend one of the 300+ performances at the Peck School of the Arts.
- Wear UWM apparel to class and show your Panther Pride.
- Attend one of Milwaukee’s many festivals.
- Check out the student artwork at the Union Art Gallery’s Annual Juried Exhibition.
- Challenge friends to bowling, billiards, or ping pong at the Union Rec Center.
- Attend Jazz in the Park, Milwaukee’s favorite free outdoor, summer music series.
- Eat lunch by the fountain outside of Curtin Hall.
- Root for the Milwaukee Brewers at Miller Park.
- Take a ride with Be On the Safe Side (BOSS).
- Develop your skills by attending a Leadership Program
- Listen to our share your own spoken word poetry at Lyrical Sanctuary, UWM’s monthly open mic night.
- Visit the Milwaukee Public Market in the Historic Third Ward.
- Find the North Point Light Station in Lake Park.
- Find your favorite Milwaukee Friday Fish Fry. (Most offer non-fish options too!)
- Take a Photo with the Chancellor.
- Try some of Milwaukee’s famous frozen custard.
- Walk through Downer Woods, UWM’s 11.1 acre preserved nature area.
- Attend a UWM graduation ceremony (other than your own).
- Visit the Career Planning and Resource Center or attend one of the many career fairs.
- Grab a group of your pop culture-savvy friends and attend Gasthaus Trivia.
- Donate blood or volunteer at a Campus Blood Drive.
- Make something in the Studio Arts and Crafts Centre.
- See an outdoor movie under the stars.
- Head down to the Milwaukee River Walk and take a photo with the Bronze Fonz.
- Run, walk, or bike the Oak Leaf or Hank Aaron State Trails.
- Get a cup of coffee or tea at the student-run 8th Note Coffeehouse.
- Take a class that interests you and has nothing to do with your major.
- Find the perfect study spot at the Golda Meir Library.
- Attend a Geek Week event.
- See the city of Milwaukee by boat.
- Choose your own adventure.**
**Choose Your Own Adventure Option – Don’t feel like doing something on the list? You may opt to substitute up to three UWM bucket list items with a UWM campus or Milwaukee challenge of your choice. (As long as it is legal/ethical, of course).**
Complete all 56 items on this list, and bring your pictures, ticket stubs, etc. to Student Involvement (Union 355) for an “I Completed the UWM Bucket List” T-shirt!
Bucket List Bonus!
Take the Bucket List Abroad! Send us your picture with Pounce at a must-visit place at your study abroad locale and we will post it on our web site!
Graduate! – Show us your completed Bucket List and your graduation announcement and we will give you a sticker to wear on your cap at commencement.
Why 56 Things?
The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee was created in 1956. The UWM Bucket List was developed in 2012, 56 years from UWM’s founding date. 56 things seems appropriate, don’t you think?
Freebies and Discounts Guide
You should also take a look at the UW Milwaukee Freebies and Discounts Guide for more deals and freebies in Milwaukee!