Are you a graduating student? Are you wondering how to apply your student experiences to post-college life?
Transitioning Your Leadership targets students who applied for 2017 spring or fall graduation. Through this program students are given various opportunities to reflect upon their involvement experiences at UWM, creating an awareness of their learning that occurred outside of the classroom and how it applies to life after college.
Participants in this semester-long program will receive:
- An understanding of their own leadership ability
- Time to reflect on the skills they gained through their involvements
- Information on how to market their experiences to employers and graduate programs
- A certificate verifying their completion of the program
- Acknowledgement of their involvements and achievements at the Student Organization and Leadership Awards
In order to complete the Transitioning Your Leadership certificate, participants will:
- Craft their own personal leadership philosophy
- Explore how their involvement experiences pertain to their major
- Attend and reflect upon two leadership programs
- Attend a session on how to market their involvement experiences on a resume and in interviews
- Provide a short presentation on their involvement experience to professional staff committee
Transitioning Your Leadership program is offered every spring semester. Questions? Contact Gina Tagliapietra Nicoli at email@example.com.