Student Organization Conference Night, Thursday, September 21, 2023
3:30-7:00 pm, with an optional SAC Grant Funding session beginning at 7:00 pm
UWM Student Union (Wisconsin Room on the 2nd floor)
Your organization is required to identify at least one officer to attend this in-person event. The best practice is to identify two officers who can attend. Attendance by at least one officer is a required step in the Org Renewal process. Please request off from work for this once-a-year event. The event includes organization support information tables, workshops, and opportunities to meet with your organization liaison and discuss future funding.
Tip: Student feedback on this program has indicated that participating has significantly improved their effectiveness as an officer. We recommend that every officer utilizes this resource to make your year easier and your organizational leadership experience better. Having more than one officer scheduled to attend can also help in case someone has a last-minute change of availability.
Please follow the link to the Confirmation Form. We need to know the name(s) of Student Org Officer(s) who are attending as well as which organization(s) they are representing. Please complete this form by noon on Wednesday, September 20. If you submit later than this day, there may be a delay in your organization being renewed. If none of your organization officers are able to attend, you will have a chance to provide additional information to help us understand what the issue is. Note: Filling out this form is the ONLY way to access information about a Make-Up Session that will be offered later in September.
The event includes:
- Resource fair to connect with offices on campus who provide services and organization support
- Informative and interactive workshops on topics including:
- Branding & Marketing
- Event Planning
- How to use your travel grant
- Getting your Org involved
- Art Spaces
- Mapping your leadership journey
- Growing your membership
- Opportunities to network with other student organization officers
- A chance to meet face-to-face with your organization liaison – your easiest point of contact for questions related to running your organization
- Attend an optional workshop to learn about the SAC Grant Funding process
The event does NOT include:
- A way to get up-to-the-minute updates on where your organization is in the renewal process (check out this link for a regularly updated tracker)
- A chance to ask organization-specific questions about challenges you are facing with the renewal process (though you will have an opportunity to sign up for an appointment to address these kinds of concerns)