What is Renewal?
Renewal is when Registered Student Organizations re-register for the following academic year. In order to keep RSO status, all student organizations must meet all of the requirements before September 30, 2021 at noon!ETA to Renewal: Step-By-Step Process
- ANNUAL ORG RENEWAL – due September 30th at NOON:
- Update Officer Information and Organization Profile
- Officer Onboarding on the Student Organization Training Portal
- Go through the Officer Training PowerPoint in detail, take the Officer Training Quiz in the Training Portal, and get an 80% to complete your Officer Onboarding. Once you’ve received an 80% on the quiz, head to Presence to complete your Officer Contract. Each of the 4 Primary Officers must complete the training, receive 80%, AND individually submit an Officer Contract in order to be considered eligible for officer status.
- Advisor Contract
- This Presence form must be submitted by your Faculty/Staff Advisor to confirm that they will serve as your Advisor for the coming academic year.
- Student Org Conference Night
- Student Organization Conference Night will look a little different this year! More updates to come in August about the requirements for Student Organization Conference Night.
What Could Hold My RSO Back from Getting Renewed?
- Chances are your RSO does not have debt, but all organization debt must be resolved before an organization can renew.
- Name Changes
- If you try to alter your Registered Student Organization’s name when updating your Organization Profile, this will complicate your progress on the Road to Renewal. If your RSO wants to change its official name, please contact Student Involvement at firstname.lastname@example.org.
An organization that previously operated at UWM but is now inactive must apply with Student Involvement to reactivate the group.
This involves the same steps as updating your Organization Profile. However, the students who want to reactivate the inactive organization may want to obtain copies of any governing documents, previous organization paperwork, or other important documents Student Involvement.