- All passengers must wear face coverings at all times. Failure to do so will result in denial of service.
- Each vehicle is limited to one passenger per trip, or two passengers if both consent.
- All passengers must ride in the back seat of the vehicle to maintain as much distance as possible from the driver. No passengers are permitted to sit in the front passenger seat.
- A plexiglass barrier has been installed in each vehicle behind the driver & passenger seats to help reduce airflow between passengers.
- Vehicles will be cleaned and disinfected on a daily basis, using CDC-recommended cleaners and disinfectants. An electrostatic sprayer will be used to mist the interior of the vehicle with disinfectant.
- Due to limited capacity, riders should anticipate longer wait times and use alternate methods of transportation if necessary. It is not recommended to use B.O.S.S. in time-sensitive situations since weather, traffic, or other conditions may slow down the service. B.O.S.S. may accept fewer ride requests after 1 am if there is an extensive queue of requests already in the system. Please plan accordingly.
BOSS is safe ride service available to UWM students who pay segregated fees, operating every day between the hours of 6 pm and 2 am during the traditional academic calendar. Students may get a ride within the area of our boundaries, which are Capitol Dr. to the north-west, Glendale Ave to the north-east, MLK/3rd St. to the west, Brady St. to the south, and Lake Michigan to the east. BOSS is completely funded through segregated fees, there are no additional charges to use the service.
**You must present your UWM PantherCard to driver**
There are four ways to schedule a BOSS ride:
Download the TapRide app! Rides may be requested from your smartphone (Android / Apple). It takes 10-15 minutes to create user accounts after you first log into the app. You will not be able to request rides until then.
Users without a smartphone can use the UWM’s TapRide website to submit a ride request. It takes 10-15 minutes to create user accounts after you first log into the app. You will not be able to request rides until then.
Schedule a ride at our walk-up window in the Union at Transportation Services (WG 25).
Hours of Operation
Fall and Spring Semester:
6pm – 2am Daily
7pm – 12am Daily
Interested in becoming a B.O.S.S. driver? Fill out an application here and email it to email@example.com or drop it off at our office, located in the Student Union, room WG25.
**Please note: the need for professional cleaning of a vehicle due to bio-hazardous or excessive waste will result in a $150 fee charged to the rider. Failure to pay the fee will result in an academic hold placed on the rider’s account.**