Explore your leadership style, participate in hands-on activities, and leave with connections to new UWM classmates.
How To Sign Up
Spring 2021 Registration is now open!
During the pandemic, we have switched to a mostly virtual format, but students will still be able to develop relationships with their small group and a UWM staff member.
What To Expect
Join us for Ignite and you will:
- Connect how your values and life experiences play a role in leading others
- Learn transferable skills to apply on-campus and beyond
Your Ignite experience will include:
- Participation at the Ignite Kickoff
- Four weekly small-group leadership sessions with your Ignite Cluster and Ignite Coaches
- A celebration of your program completion at the Ignite Closing Reception
- An Ignite Workbook and Personal Reflection Guide to help you map out your leadership goals and next steps
- An Ignite t-shirt
Spring 2021 Ignite Schedule
- Kickoff – Wednesday, March 3 from 4:00-5:30 PM (tentatively in-person)
- “Leadership is Purposeful” Cluster Session – Week of March 8 (via Microsoft Teams)
- “Leadership is Ethical” Cluster Session – Week of March 15: (via Microsoft Teams)
- SPRING BREAK
- “Leadership is Inclusive” Cluster Session – Week of March 29 (via Microsoft Teams)
- “Leadership is Empowering” Cluster Session – Week of April 5 (via Microsoft Teams)
- Closing Reception – Wednesday, April 14 from 4:00-5:30 PM (via Microsoft Teams)
Ignite Participant Commitment
- Register for the program and identify an Ignite Cluster (small group) session weekly meeting you will attend.
- Attend Ignite Kickoff, Closing, and all Cluster sessions.
- Complete a final reflection and assessment of the program.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.