Microsoft Excel for Analytics
Whether you are new to data analytics or have been in the field for many years, it is likely that you use Microsoft Excel daily since it is the most widely used tool for handling data. Even as you expand your skill set to include such tools as SQL, Power BI, Tableau, Python and others, you will continue to use Excel for initial data clean-up to calculations to visualizations. Thoroughly understanding Excel’s data features prepares you to effectively use low-code and no-code data tools which build on Excel’s framework.
Examples of topics included in the course are importing and exporting data, capturing and fixing errors, advanced formulas, pivot tables and data visualizations. There is also a discussion of Excel’s limitations and when it is time to invoke other tools and techniques.
Who Should Attend
This course is targeted at individuals using Excel for data analytics with or without advanced tools such SQL, Power BI, Tableau and Python. It assumes basic to intermediate experience with Excel. Individuals without this experience should take Excel I and/or Excel II under Office Productivity Tools.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Import and export data
- Manipulate and clean data
- Analyze data using formulas and tables
- Select and create data visualizations for clear communication
- Identify situations in which it is best to use other data tools beyond Excel
- Importing and exporting data from CSV files and Notepad
- Data cleaning – capturing and fixing errors
- Text and time manipulation
- Moving data efficiently
- Conditional formulas
- Pivot tables
- Data visualization with graphs and charts
- Limitations of Excel for data analysis and business
This course assumes basic to intermediate experience with Excel. Individuals without this experience should take Excel I and/or Excel II under Office Productivity Tools.
Date: Thu-Fri, Dec 16-17
Delivery Method: Live Online
Time: 8:30am-4:30pm CT
Instructor: Jacob Fink MS, CFA
$845 by Dec 2
$895 after Dec 2
Enrollment Limit: 15
Program Number: 5020-14297
Registration Deadline: Dec 16