Labor Relations Certificate
Labor relations management requires an understanding of complex laws and regulations that govern union environments. With course content ranging from collective bargaining to contract administration, the Labor Relations Management Certificate provides information necessary to navigate union interactions, challenges and negotiations. Through our program, you acquire knowledge, strategies and skills to effectively manage within a unionized setting.
Single courses may be taken without the pursuit of the certificate.
Who Should Attend
Individuals who are responsible for working with the union at their companies, as supervisors or as members of the bargaining team. The courses are appropriate for experienced labor specialists as well as individuals who are new and want to learn the laws and processes around labor relations.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Apply tested techniques to handle various labor relations scenarios
- Assess laws that inform and govern negotiations, contract administration, grievance handling and labor arbitration
- Integrate best practices of effective labor relations management into your organizational processes
- Collaborate with industry specialists to refine your knowledge of labor relations management
- Identify changing trends of labor relations practices
Karen Romero – Labor Relations Certificate | UWM School of Continuing Education
Earn the certificate by completing 3 core courses and 2 elective courses within 3 years.
Mon-Wed, Feb 10-12, 2020
Mon-Tue, Mar 30-31, 2020
Wed-Thu, Apr 1-2, 2020
Earn the certificate by completing 3 core courses and 2 electives within 3 years.
Fri, Oct 25
Fri, Apr 3, 2020
Mon-Thu, Oct 21-24
Mon-Thu, June 1-4, 2020
Wed-Fri, Dec 11-13
Wed-Fri, May 6-8, 2020
Thu, Feb 13, 2020
Mon-Tue, Dec 9-10
Mon-Tue, May 4-5, 2020
Fri, Feb 14, 2020