Conducting Efficient and Effective HR Investigations
With business and legal risk looming, is more always better? Join us for the day-long, interactive workshops designed to help every HR professional–from the new to the most experienced–gain a fresh perspective on how to best conduct an efficient and effective HR investigation.
Who Should Attend
- New and Experienced HR Professionals who conduct investigations
- Supervisors, compliance employees and other individuals who regularly conduct HR investigations
- Trainers who teach investigation techniques to HR professionals and other employees
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
After attending this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify When and How to Conduct an HR Investigation
- Efficiently Plan the Investigation including Identifying the Investigation Objectives
- Effectively Conduct the Investigation
- Properly Close Out and Document the Investigation
- To investigate or not?
- Strategically planning the investigation
- Identifying “the right” investigation objectives
- Identifying key documents and witnesses
- Conducting the investigation
- Efficient and effective witness interviews
- Effective documentation
- Communicating the results
Closing the investigation
Students will be asked to come prepared to share one particularly complex or difficult investigation scenario (made generic for discussion; approximately 5 minutes)
All sessions are Face-to-Face unless otherwise noted.
Date: Tue., Dec 11
Location: UWM School of Continuing Education
Instructor: Jill Sopha
$345 by Tue., Nov. 27.
$395 after Tue., Nov. 27.
CEUs: 0.7, PDCs: 7
Enrollment Limit: 25
Program Number: 5040-10973
Registration Deadline: Tue., Dec. 11