Conducting Efficient and Effective HR Investigations
With business and legal risk looming, is more always better? Join us for the daylong, interactive workshops designed to help every HR professional – from the new to the most experienced – gain a fresh perspective on how to best conduct an efficient and effective HR investigation.
Who Should Attend
- New and experienced HR professionals who conduct investigations
- Supervisors, compliance employees and other individuals who regularly conduct HR investigations
- Trainers who teach investigation techniques to HR professionals and other employees
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
After attending this course, you are able to:
- Identify when and how to conduct an HR investigation
- Efficiently plan the investigation including identifying the investigation objectives
- Effectively conduct the investigation
- Properly close out and document the investigation
- To investigate or not?
- Strategically planning the investigation
- Identifying “the right” investigation objectives
- Identifying key documents and witnesses
- Conducting the investigation
- Preparing efficient and effective witness interviews
- Creating effective documentation
- Communicating the results
Closing the investigation
Students will be asked to come prepared to share one particularly complex or difficult investigation scenario (made generic for discussion; approximately 5 minutes)
"The program provided great tools for best practice in an investigation." — Shannon Rice, Wangard Partners, 2019
"I gained knowledge that is pertinent." — Ashley Morrow, 2019
All sessions are Face-to-Face unless otherwise noted.
Date: Fri, Oct 25
Location: UWM School of Continuing Education
Instructor: Jill Sopha
$345 by Fri., Oct. 11.
$395 after Fri., Oct. 11.
CEUs: 0.7, PDCs: 7
Enrollment Limit: 25
Program Number: 5040-12185
Registration Deadline: Fri., Oct. 25