Mathematical Sciences - General
Eng & Math Sciences E479
- PhD, Texas Tech University, 1997
- MS, Mathematics, University of Texas at Dallas, 1994
- MA, Mathematics and English, JATE, University of Szeged, Hungary, 1990
- Center for Research in Scientific Computation, North Carolina State University, July 1997-August 2000.
- NSF-NIEHS Linking Limnology to Cyanotoxins in Drinking Water Using Buoy Sensors and Auto-Sampling, September 2012 – August 2017; (co-PI)
- NSF UBM-Institutional: Integrated Undergraduate Research Experiences in Biological and Mathematical Sciences at the University of Wisconsin; October 2011- September 2016. (PI)
- UWM Research Growth Initiative – Establishing a modeling framework for the investigation of nano-scale drivers of biogeochemical cycling in freshwater ecosystems, June 2012 – August 2013. (PI)
- NSF UBM-Group: Integrated Undergraduate Research Experiences in Aquatic Biology and Mathematics at UWM; October 2008- September 2012. (co-PI)
- Teaching undergraduate and graduate classes in problem solving, mathematical modeling, differential equations and analysis.
- Math Circle – weekly meetings and problem solving activities for middle and high school students, September 2011-present.
- Mentoring undergraduate research – contributed to research and conference proceedings papers and numerous talks and poster presentations at national, regional and local conferences and symposia by undergraduate students.
- Problem editor – Wisconsin Section High School Math Contest, September 2013-present.
Bechette, Audrey, Stojsavljevic, Thomas, Tessmer, Maxx, Berges, John A., Pinter, Gabriella A., and Young, Erica B. “Mathematical Modeling of Bacteria-Virus Interactions in Lake Michigan Incorporating Phosphorus Content.” Journal of Great Lakes Research, Elsevier 39.4 (2013).