The Department of Mathematical Sciences Travel Award program, subjected to the availability of departmental funds, offers limited funding to our full time master’s and doctoral students for presenting and /or attending graduate program related conferences. Such activities are an important part of the professional development of graduate students, offering opportunities to establish professional networks, contacts for collaborative research, and sources of potential future employment. The Department typically supports one trip per student per academic year.
- Full time graduate student in the Department of Mathematical Sciences at UWM
- Travel must be discussed and approved by the student’s advisor
- Students must attempt to apply for funding from other sources, such as the UWM Graduate School Travel Support Program
- Submit application prior to the conference
Students are encouraged to submit applications at least 2 months before the event. Please submit a paper copy of the following to Professor Willenbring:
- Student Award Travel Application
- Proof of application of additional support
- Travel Approval Requests L&S Travel Approval Form
If presenting at the conference, attach a printed copy of the abstract you are presenting from the Conference Website.
Preference will be given to:
- Students presenting at a conference (either oral or poster).
- Students who have not received a department conference travel award before.
Awardees must comply with the State and campus travel policies and procedures and any other Department instructions. Students planning to drive personal vehicles or rental cars must be registered and authorized by UWM. See the Drivers and Vehicles Web site.